Recently

6 April 2013

Karma Bubble Bar



Lush claim that 'a Karma bath is like a trip to a festival in a VW Camper Van; it will last all day and is full of smells, daydreams and anticipation of excitement to come.' For someone who's never tried this before, this may seem like an odd way to describe a bubble bar. However, for avid fans such as myself, this is perfectly worded. It does not disappoint. 

The Karma scent is probably my favourite Lush scent alongside The Comforter. It wasn't a fragrance I discovered until very recently, but since then I have been obsessed with everything Karma related. The scent is both sweet and citrusy, and reminds me of those old-fashioned cola bottle sweets you used to get when you were little. Yet it is somehow quite a mature smelling fragrance, and one that wouldn't go amiss on people of all ages
The Karma Bubble Bar is priced at an amazing £3.15, and I say it's a bargain as this bar offers so much for such a small price tag. You can easily break this bar in half and use it on two different occasions, and it will still offer a fantastic bathing experience you'll want to relive again and again. 

Being the bath junkie that I am, I opted to throw the whole bar in at once so I could enjoy an incredible experience; I never go into small measures when it comes to Karma! What is wonderful about this particular bar, is how soft it feels as you crumble it under the water - it almost reminds me of a fresh scone - that soft but slightly crispy shell that breaks away easily between your fingers. 

This bar begins to work it's magic immediately; filling your bath with mounds and mounds of beautiful, karma-scented, soft bubbles. As more and more bubbles begin to form, the water also begins to turn a beautiful mandarin-orange colour. It's not as vivid a colour as other Lush bath products offer, but what it lacks in vibrancy, it more than makes up for in smell. 
As you can see from my video, I merely dropped this bubble bar nearest the tap so that the power of the falling water helps to stimulate the bars into action. However, if you find this doesn't work for you, you can either hold the bar under the tap or crumble it under the flowing water. In my experience, all three ways heed a lot of wonderfully soft bubbles and there's no right or wrong way to go about doing it. 

This bar yields amazing results; a bath that is full of scented bubbles that leave your skin super soft and invigorated. The water feels really gentle when you first climb into the tub and this only helps to moisturise and nourish your skin, leaving it wonderfully soft. This is definitely one of my top five bubble bars from Lush. 

Some people say that this is a winter bubble bar, but I think it is versatile enough to be enjoyed all year round. In the winter, the spicy undertones and warm floral scents will help to soothe dry, broken skin and weary bodies; in the summer, the crisp citrusy fragrances will invigorate the skin and freshen up those that need a little waking up.
I absolutely love this bubble bar, and I recommend trying one out for yourself as soon as you can. You won't regret it! It's one of the cheapest ones available from Lush and easily makes my top ten all-time favourite bubble bars. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Patchouli Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Lavandin Oil, Pine Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Elemi Oil, Gardenia Extract, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 15510, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £3.25 each.
2016 Price: £3.50 each.

Scent Family:
Bling Crosby Bubble Bar
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Karma Ballistic
Karma Bath Melt
Karma Bubble Bar
Karma Dusting Powder
Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar
Karma Kream
Karma Liquid Perfume
Karma Massage Bar
Karma Revamped Bubble Bar
Karma Shower Bomb
Karma Shower Gel
Karma Shower Jelly
Karma Soap
Karma Solid Perfume
Karma Sutra Bath Bomb
Lush Bath Bomb



4 comments

  1. I dont know if i just got a dud, but mine had barely any scent and smelt like cheap soap :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Karma lovers, but I absolutely despise the smell!!! To me it smells like wet grass stuck to a wet dog. Disgusting. I do see why people like the smell. For me this is the only lush scent that I have smelt and hated! Sorry everybody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the reformulated one at all? Would love to read your perspective!

    ReplyDelete


UP