Recently

18 June 2014

Karma Shower Jelly

I'm on a bit of a Karma binge at the moment - currently using both my jelly and gel in the shower. A part of me thought that this was a little bit of a waste, as neither of these items were currently available to buy in store and hadn't been for a long time. However, when Lush advertised that they were having a Karma-themed week in the Kitchen, I knew that my Christmas had come early.
   
Despite my excitement at being able to use these products, my feelings towards Karma Shower Jelly, much like with Karma Shower Gel, is also a little vexed in places: I am perplexed and somewhat saddened by the fact that this product has only ever been sold in limited edition batches, and released so seldomly that a pot of the stuff causes a frenzy when it appears on eBay. For a product that possesses one of Lush's all-time top selling fragrances, further proven by the permanent feature of both a bubble bar and body lotion in this scent within their range, I have no idea why Lush are so keen to keep this product out of the limelight. 

Karma Shower Jelly, alongside Calacas, is probably one of my all-time favourite shower jellies from Lush. I say this not because of it's scent, which I'll get to in a minute, but because of how the product works in the shower. As I've mentioned in previous reviews, I'm not always very enamoured with the challenging task of using a jelly effectively whilst near water - I find that the ratio for how much I use compared to how much gets lost down the drain, is probably about 1:8, which makes jellies a very expensive investment. However, maybe my love of Karma influenced this particular one to work a lot better than most other ones I've tried.

What I found with this product, is that it's slightly elasticated so I can pull off a biggish piece and expect to get a lot of use out of it. Whereas something like Avojelly or Gold, Frankincense and Beer would melt away rather quickly once mixed with water, this one had a lot of 'life' to it and a small, penny-sized piece would be enough for two showers, not one. This meant that one small 100g tub, lasted me a good month, with me using it twice most days. This makes it fantastic value for money.

Secondly, this shower jelly smelled incredible- surprisingly strong for something that was a couple of years old. I can only imagine what my fresh ones will smell like when they arrive.

As with the shower gel and bubble bar, Karma Shower Jelly is comprised of a few key ingredients that make it's fragrance so wonderful. Karma is an ambient fragrance reminiscent of the sixties. Spicy orange oil is definitely the heart and soul of this fragrance, with warm, earthy hints of patchouli to compliment the main scent. An occasional burst of lavender gives it a herbal touch and pine oil seals the deal, making this a multi-layered festivity of smells. The scent is both sweet and citrusy, and reminds me of those old-fashioned cola bottle sweets you used to get when you were little. Yet it is somehow quite a mature smelling jelly, and one that wouldn't go amiss on people of all ages. 

I found that this shower jelly smelt identical to that of the perfume, which made it stronger and more desirable smelling than the shower gel variation. That's not to say the shower gel didn't have it's merits, as I still consider it amongst my favourites, but this shower jelly showcased that sharp, zesty element that was more dormant in Karma Shower Gel

Finally, this jelly was very easy to lather up and I found that, despite it's slippery skin, it didn't tend to slip out of my hand all that much, which was a relief for me. The lather this product does create is surprisingly light and gentle, as I was expecting a more oily foam. It leaves your skin feeling and smelling amazing, and much like the shower gel, leaves a wonderful fresh, fruity and summery scent on your body. It made me feel beautiful.

Although I never thought I'd say this, I'd actually prefer Lush to bring Karma back in this format as opposed to the shower gel, as it just gave off a much stronger, more defined scent that I love so much. Furthermore, it's much better value for money, and whereas a 100g pot lasted me a month, a 500g bottle of the shower gel only lasted me a couple of weeks more.                                                                               Lush need to update and increase their Karma range, and they should definitely start with bringing this back - permanently.
Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Fresh Lemongrass Infusion (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus), Chamomile Infusion (Matricaria Recutica), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract (Chondru Crispus), Perfume, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon Cablin), Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis), Lavendin Oil (Lavandula Hybrida), Pine Oil (Pinus Sylvestris), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus), Elemi Oil (Canarium Luzonicum), Water (Aqua), Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 14700, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £8.25 for 250g.
2017 Price: £8.25 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: ?

Scent Family:
Bling Crosby Bubble Bar
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Karma Ballistic
Karma Bath Melt
Karma Bubble Bar
Karma Dusting Powder
Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar
Karma Kream
Karma Liquid Perfume
Karma Massage Bar
Karma Revamped Bubble Bar
Karma Shower Bomb
Karma Shower Gel
Karma Shower Jelly
Karma Soap
Karma Solid Perfume
Karma Sutra Bath Bomb
Lush Bath Bomb

5 comments

  1. I have one of these coming to me! cannot wait! I use to dislike the Karma scent but have grown to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed! I think this is one of the best Karma products - the scent is perfectly balanced here - just as spicy as the shower gel but slightly more complex than the bubble bar. I hope you love it as much as me :)

      Delete
  2. It's back in the kitchen today 19/3/2015 I've just ordered 3 - 240 gram tubs as well as the Karma dusting powder...go get it ladies before it sells out * Smiles *

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281642452968 Selling my lush karma jelly here! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's back in the kitchen today 19/3/2015 I've just ordered 3 - 240 gram tubs as well as the Karma dusting powder...go get it ladies before it sells out * Smiles *it can clog your shower drain

    ReplyDelete


UP