Recently

16 September 2013

The Comforter Bubble Bar




If there's one product in Lush's regular range that I would recommend above all others, the Comforter Bubble Bar would be it. In fact, it is one of my favourite Lush products ever, easily making my top five most treasured cosmetics of all time. In fact, it was this very bubble bar that first enticed me into a Lush store, and the rest as they say is history. 

As Lush have said themselves, 'this isn’t called the Comforter for nothing.' Using their expertise and all of their wonderful fragrances, they have produced a warming, comforting and incredibly sexy bubble bar that smells divine and leaves the skin feeling amazing.

At the hefty price of £4.25, some consumers may be put off by the fact that it is their most expensive bubble bar available. However, once you see the size of it (bigger than the palm of my hand - and I have big hands!), you'll realise that the price is perfectly justifiable. What makes it even better value for money, is the fact that it can be broken up and used for up to four different baths. And that's not to say that these baths will be any less invigorating or exciting because you're using less; the Comforter delivers amazing results every time!

To use this bubble bar and ensure you get the most bubbles out of it, I break off a good sized piece and either place it or crumble it under a running tap. Immediately the bar begins to foam and it's not long before the bath is full of soft, velvety bubbles. The Comforter also turns the bath water a beautiful shade of deep pink, which stays vibrant throughout the whole bathing experience. 

The most impressive aspect of the Comforter is the scent, which smells reminiscent of blackcurrants, cherries, and raspberries. It really is the most beautiful scent in the whole world. The fabulous fruity fragrance permeates the bathroom, and your body, staying with you for hours. It contains cypress oil, bergamot oil, and cassis absolute, all ingredients that help to create a velvety berry and cream parfait that softens your skin.

This is a perfect bubble bar for times when you feel you need to protect yourself from the world - when you've had a hard day at work/school, and just need a little something to pick yourself up. The Comforter's gorgeous fruity and sweet blackcurrant smell is just divine and really makes you feel delicious after use. 

If you're new to Lush, or you've just not tried this product yet, I recommend that you make this the next product that you buy. While I have tried and tested almost a thousand different Lush products to date, this still stands out as being one of the best, so that must count for something right?

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Bergamot Oil, Cassis Absolute, Cypress Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £4.75 each.
2017 price: £4.95 each.









3 comments

  1. I love this bubble bar! I can usually get 8+ baths out of it by cutting it into small pieces and placing these into a stocking below the tap. However, I've found that the best way to get bubbles is to crumble it onto the bottom of the bath and use the shower head to fill up the bath- sooo many bubbbblllllessss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really like this idea! Thank you for sharing - I might just try it with my Brightside tonight :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I'm just wondering if this bubble bar has an overwhelmingly strong scent? I tend to be very sensitive to strong scents to the point where I have migraines :( By the way, I'm new to Lush and I just use your blog as a reference, I love it!

    ReplyDelete


UP