Recently

2 September 2014

Karma Soap

As I've mentioned in previous reviews, I set myself the goal of reducing my Lush collection by at least 50% by the end of the year. This is a massive feat as I have close to a thousand different products, all of which cost quite a lot of money. My reason for doing this is simple; having products sitting around for a minimum for six months not only prevents them being as fresh as they could be when I come to use them, but they're also at the risk of going off completely, thus wasting my money.

Another reason I am so keen to reduce my stash is that I often miss out on using products that become my all-time favourites, because I'm too busy trying a bunch of other ones that aren't as good. Such is the case with Karma soap. Luckily, this product is a permanent member of their range, so I know once I get through my 100 other bars of soap, I'll be able to stock up on this one all of the time. However, until that point, I can only enjoy the three small bars I have left of this amazing product.

Karma soap is what I would call the perfect soap, and this is due to three reasons. Firstly, it possesses one of the most beautiful fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. Much like the body lotion, the perfume and the bubble bar, the Karma scent in this soap is both sweet and citrusy, and reminds me of those old-fashioned cola bottle sweets you used to get when you were little. Yet it is somehow quite a mature smelling fragrance, and one that wouldn't go amiss on people of all ages.

Karma Dragon - Released to Coincide with
the Year of The Dragon.
Karma contains orange, patchouli, lemongrass and lavender alongside other ingredients, all of which combine to form a beautiful multi-layered citrusy scent with a spiciness to boot. It's unlike any other citrus-scented products you'll find on the market at the moment; it's unique and simply wonderful.

Secondly, Karma soap leaves your skin velvety soft and highly moisturised, two effects you would not expect from a soap. Although this soap is quite stubborn at releasing any lather, producing more of a creamy, oily substance instead, it still makes your body feel soft and clean. I find that this soap works better if you massage it directly onto your skin and not try to lather it between your palms. A bonus feature of this soap is that it lasts for ages, it's not one that tends to shrivel or shrink when it's come in contact with liquid, so don't be afraid to use this one directly under the shower hose. 

Finally, when you've exited the bath and are getting dried off, Karma leaves a wonderful refreshing and slightly sophisticated scent on your skin, which stays with you throughout the entire day. Although I tend to spoil myself with lashings of Karma Cream afterwards, I found that this soap doesn't need to be followed up with a moisturiser as it retains the scent and silkiness of your skin by itself. The patchouli and elemi oils add a distinctively exotic and relaxing element to the soap, while the refreshing blend of lavender, pine, sweet orange and lemongrass oils clears the mind and sets you up for the day.

As with most other Karma products I've tried, this one is another example of perfection. The soap works a treat and I would wholeheartedly recommend this soap to everyone, especially if you're a fan of the fragrance line. For those who find the perfume too strong, you may find that this soap has all the gorgeous fruitiness, without the tartness that the fragrance has; it's definitely worth a try.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Patchouli Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Lavandin Oil, Pine Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Elemi Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.10 for 100g. 

Scent Family:
Bling Crosby Bubble Bar
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Karma Ballistic
Karma Bath Melt
Karma Bubble Bar
Karma Dusting Powder
Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar
Karma Kream
Karma Liquid Perfume
Karma Massage Bar
Karma Revamped Bubble Bar
Karma Shower Bomb
Karma Shower Gel
Karma Shower Jelly
Karma Soap
Karma Solid Perfume
Karma Sutra Bath Bomb
Lush Bath Bomb
 

7 comments

  1. Glorious stuff. You'll be amused to know that now, before trying a new product, I check out your blog to see what you have said about it and am quite disconcerted when I can't find one! I'm sure I'm not the only person to do this. Hope you are still enjoying the products, and the writing... anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - that's really sweet of you! And I'm glad my reviews help you so much - gives me a great reason to continue! x

      Delete
    2. haha I do exactly the same thing!! your Reviews are so helpful Jen!! Thenks!! :)

      Delete
  2. What would you say is your favourite karma product?x:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - I'm only allowed to pick one? Wow, that's tough. If probably say Karma shower gel as it's perfectly sweet, fruity and spicy and I have a weakness for shower gels!

      Delete
  3. KARMA is the very item I smelled, that got me started on my VERY expensive lush journey, about 5-6 years ago. It's the crack cocaine of soaps, and ruined me for any other bath products. I literally threw out all of my other non-Lush products once I started collecting, because they just weren't good enough anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is karma. I still shielded. Where can I get and have delivered

    ReplyDelete


UP