Recently

26 June 2014

Karma Dusting Powder


When I found out that Lush were doing a 'Karma-themed' week in the Lush Kitchen, I felt my bank balance immediately buckle under the weight of all of the purchases I would be making. When they announced the shower gel and jelly, I was obviously keen to stock up. However, it wasn't until this product made a reappearance, that I really got myself worked up. 

Karma Dusting Powder is a product of legend. What I mean by this is that I have heard so many people talk about it over the last few years. And when I say 'talk', what I really mean is 'passionately babble on and on about it until they're red in the face'. This is a product that has not made many appearances over the years, yet one that has inspired avid followers all around the world. 

Blessed with the Karma scent, this perfumed powder is made using a combination of patchouli, orange, pine and lemongrass oils. These oils form a wonderfully sweet, complex and highly fruity fragrance. In my shower gel review, I described Karma as an ambient fragrance reminiscent of the sixties, and this it really is.

The orange and patchouli are definitely at the forefront of this smell. Together they offer a warm, spicy but equally zesty aroma. Although I love citrus scents, I often find that some can be very two-dimensional and boring. However, the combination of these smells gives Karma a mature but equally youthful smell. It's one of those products that you have to smell for yourself to really appreciate the beauty of it's scent. 

To use this product, simply shake into the palm of your hand and then rub into your skin. You can also apply it directly onto any areas you wish to, although I found that this can cause a lot of the powder to fall off and get onto your clothes and/or carpet. You only need a small amount to cover your whole body - I found a teaspoon amount was more than enough each time. 

The dusting powder sits beautifully on the body, immediately being absorbed into the skin so you don't have to worry about it rubbing off on any clothes you put on afterwards. The inclusion of cornflour and chickpea flour makes this powder beautifully soft and I was very surprised to discover how instantly smooth it makes your skin. I couldn't stop stroking my arms after I had used this for the first time and I found that the condition of my skin stayed like this for the entirety of the day. 

Unfortunately, the one aspect of this product that doesn't sit well with me, is that the Karma scent tends to fade after 20-30 minutes and I couldn't detect it on my skin at all. While I could top up the smell with my Karma Kream or my Karma Perfume, I was hoping for a little more longevity. Given how strongly the scent comes across in the bottle, I was expecting something with a little more 'bite'.

Despite this, Karma Dusting Powder is a great addition to anyone's handbag and works wonders on your skin when you find yourself a little hot and sweaty whilst outside. Simply apply this to your skin and some of that nasty moisture will be absorbed whilst leaving you feeling refreshed and smelling beautiful.

Although the £9.50 price tag may seem a little expensive for the 140g you receive, I can see a bottle of this lasting me a good 6 months to a year, which is great value for money. I'm glad I bought four bottles of this stuff as I plan to make it one of my summer must-haves.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Chick Pea Flour, Cornflour, Calamine Powder, Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Elemi Oil, Lavendin Oil, Pine Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Patchouli Oil, Orange Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £8.95 for 140g.
2015 Price: £9.50 for 110g.
2017 Price: £9.50 for 110g.

Year Of Original Release: ?


Scent Family:
Bling Crosby Bubble Bar
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Karma Ballistic
Karma Bath Melt
Karma Bubble Bar
Karma Dusting Powder
Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar
Karma Kream
Karma Liquid Perfume
Karma Massage Bar
Karma Revamped Bubble Bar
Karma Shower Bomb
Karma Shower Gel
Karma Shower Jelly
Karma Soap
Karma Solid Perfume
Karma Sutra Bath Bomb
Lush Bath Bomb


1 comment

  1. Karma Dusting Powder - I bought a 100 g cardboard container of this a couple of years ago because I have other Karma products and love them. However, the dusting powder I found rather gritty. Was I just unluky with the batch? I see no one else has said this. Otherwise, perfume wonderful, especially combined with body cream to keep it fragrant.

    ReplyDelete


UP