Recently

5 November 2014

Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar


Out of the new solid shampoo bars, this is the one that got me the most excited when I first read their descriptions in the Lush Times. Firstly, the name Jason And the Argan Oil is perhaps the coolest name for a product ever - Lush have really outdone themselves on that front. Secondly, I absolutely love Ray Harryhausen's stop motion work in the 1963 film Jason And The Argonauts.  Whether or not this product is supposed to play homage to the film or the original story, the name conjures up iconic images of animated skeletons and takes me right back to memories of my childhood. 

Aside from it's name, I was initially drawn to this shampoo bar because it shares it's scent with the wonderful Rose Jam family - a smell that can currently be bought in bubble bar, shower gelmassage bar and body conditioner format. Packed full of wonderful ingredients, this bar smells absolutely delicious and will fragrance your bathroom the whole time it's living in there.

As I've said in many of my reviews of Rose Jam-scented products, this fragrance is the perfect way to bridge the gap between floral fans and those who like the more candied smells. While it has a dried rose aroma at the forefront, the inclusion of the lemon oil amongst other ingredients removes the powdery top note that you would normally expect from a cosmetic with so many floral ingredients. Instead, the rose scent is dampened slightly without losing any of it's natural potency, and the citrus element gives it a very youthful, almost playful fragrance to enjoy. 

To me, Jason And The Argan Oil smells like freshly made Turkish delight - a sweet, fruity and rather sophisticated floral combination that makes it a very youthful but equally classic-smelling shampoo bar. While it is wonderfully decadent, it does lack a little of the richness that you'd expect to find in the shower gel and bubble bar, but it is still equally stunning. 

As it's name suggests, this shampoo is packed full of Argan Oil - an ingredient that not only helps to give it it's beautiful smell, but is also full of vitamins and antioxidants which help to clean and repair dry or damaged hair. The inclusion of lemon, geranium and rose oil also make this a very softening shampoo - leaving your hair looking and feeling smoother while containing properties that help to brighten your locks. 

This particular shampoo bar isn't as generous as Montalbano when it comes to creating a lather, but it is still a really easy one to use. Simply wet the bar and rub it between your hands, or massage it directly into your hair to create a light, fluffy and rather fragrant lather. The smell of this product remains poignant throughout the whole experience, so fans of Rose Jam will love basking in the aroma. Although I should add that I was a little disappointed to discover that I couldn't detect the scent once I had left the bathroom.

After rinsing the foam away, I did discover that my hair felt a little dry and nowhere near as soft as other shampoo bars have left my hair in the past. However, once I had conditioned and then dried my hair, my locks had a wonderful healthy glow about them and I couldn't stop running my fingers through my hair because of how soft it was. 

While I have only been using this for the last 10-12 days, my hair dye has not faded at all, and if anything, this product has only heightened the different colours that are naturally present. I've also noticed that the annoying frizzy strands of hair that normally rest by my forehead, have not made an appearance since using this shampoo and my hair seems slightly more tamed than it normally does. 

While I wish that Jason And The Argan Oil's fragrance was strong enough to remain on me for longer, I cannot really fault how it works on my hair. This will definitely be a shampoo I buy regularly - although not that often; given how little it's shrunk after the twelve uses it's been through so far, I think it's fair to say that a single bar would last me a good 3 months easily. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Agar Water (Aqua), Argan Oil, Glycerine, Perfume, Organic Rose Absolute, Geranium Oil, Rose Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Limonene, Coumarin, Citronellol, Geraniol, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.75 each.
2015 Price: £5.75 each.
2016 Price: £5.95 each.

Scent Family: 
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic

4 comments

  1. Oh. My. Goodness!!! I'm so jealous you got this one... I'm aching to get my hands on one ha. I hope they go on the website SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get it when it comes out in stores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so disappointed in this! My dry, thick, curly hair soaks argan oil right up, it's the only "styling product" I use because it improves my hair so much so I was so excited to try a shampoo with it... but this dried my hair out like nothing else and it just felt totally stripped. Not to mention the scent is so strong it's headache inducing! I'm sure the sulfates are partially to blame, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. What's the most moisturising shampoo/conditioner combo you've tried? I'm not ready to give up on Lush haircare quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blousy is supposed to be very mositurizing

      Delete


UP