Recently

17 August 2014

Pearl Massage Bar


They say never to judge a book by its cover, but I couldn't help it when it came to this massage bar. When Lush first revealed the designs on their website, I was instantly bowled over by the gorgeous cream and fluorescent pink design of this product. The latter feature comes from the inclusion of sago bubbles - an ingredient that is beginning to frequent a lot more in Lush's products.  

Sago is a starch that comes from the sago palm. In order to remove the starch, the tree is cut down and the stuff is scooped out from inside. Depending on how the flesh is being used afterwards, a number of different processes are performed to turn sago into the desired format. Some countries will wash it before drying it out to produce a flour which is then used to make bread and aid cooking; others will process it to produce granular sago which has an array of different uses in the cosmetic world.

In this instance, Lush have kept the sago in its spherical state and used it to litter the surface of Pearl - creating not only a beautiful decoration but one that also works as a gentle exfoliator to massage the skin and help to boost circulation.  
Although mine doesn't look exactly like the online pictures, it's still as magical in person and smells divine. Despite not advertising this on their website, this massage bar shares it's scent with the beautiful Rose Jam family. It gives off a wonderfully uplifting and sweet rose scent - the same fragrance in fact, that originally converted me into becoming a floral fan. 

The inclusion of both rose oil and rose absolute means that this massage bar possesses a strong, slightly musky and naturally sweet rose aroma. Lush then sprinkle in a good helping of lemon oil, which elevates the sweetness of the rose whilst adding a slightly fruity and rather refreshing citrus burst. 

Lush have also included argan and coconut oil in here, alongside the usual shea and cocoa butter - all of which help to make this massage bar very moisturising but gentle on the skin. The former ingredient is also known for it's restorative properties so this is great for those sun-kissed bodies that need a little something to banish dryness and heal damaged or broken skin. 

I have found that this bar works wonders at soothing and eradicating the skin that I currently have peeling on my legs, following my excursion to the intensely-hot Spanish coast. Pearl has left my body feeling gorgeously soft and nourished whilst adding some much needed moisture back into my pores.

For fear of repeating myself, this bar works in the same way as every one of Lush's new additions; travelling over the skin with ease and leaving a light layer of oil on the skin. This can then be spread and lathered over your body - leaving it wonderfully smooth and smelling gorgeous. The rose scent is elevated somewhat with the heat of your body and you can't help but feel comforted by the fragrance. This light but very uplifting aroma stays with you for many hours before it begins to dampen slightly. However, the beautiful glow that the oils give your skin stays with you throughout the day and into the night. 

I'm a little surprised that this massage bar hasn't been made before because Rose Jam is such a popular scent and is so appealing to those that like the non-typical floral scents. It's such a youthful smelling product and will be a great reminder of the warmer weather when things start to get a little chilly across the winter months. 

I happen to love this massage bar - its definitely in my top 10 list from Lush and I'm glad to hear that it's going to be a permanent member of the family. Alongside Shades Of Earl Grey, this has and will continue to be a product I use regularly. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sago, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Perfume, Argan Oil, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Egyptian Geranium Oil, Lemon Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £6.50 each.
2016 Price: £6.50 each.

Scent Family: 
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic

17 comments

  1. It smells like rose jam?! One of the best scent families to have ever been brought out by Lush, imho. If I had known I would have ordered one :) Guess I will have to wait a bit longer now. I did order the Earl Grey one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just seen this comment - what did you think of the Earl Grey bar and have you finally gotten around to ordering a Pearl bar?

      Delete
    2. could you check my blog out? http://itsraininglush.blogspot.co.nz/

      Delete
  2. ou i cant wait until this comes to stores :) i recently fell in love with rose jam, cant wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this sounds amazing, when was it sold?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's now available online and in every store :)

      Delete
  4. Hello! Does it leave any marks on your skin (pink color)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - it doesn't leave any pink marks at all :) The only slightly annoying thing is that the pink balls fall out over time and it can get a little fiddly during use :)

      Delete
  5. I've never used a product as oily before and didn't get why it just stayed on my skin mixed with water I didn't know what was going on. However after using shower gel and once out of the bath my skin was so soft and smelt amazing. after feeling at first I wouldn't use it again I definitely will loved it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little confused - did you try this in the shower?

      Delete
  6. I seriously cannot live without this!!!!! I bought this a few weeks ago and I use it everyday! I am so happy I can smell like rose jam all day long with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate those sharp pink bubbles. I think it is rather greasy too, but smells nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely prefer the massage bar without the bubbles! I find that they waste a lot of the space in this compact bar - I can imagine if you removed them all, you'd have very little actual 'product'. Having said that, I do love the smell of this and while some find it greasy, I find it works wonders at deeply moisturising and repairing my skin.

      Delete
  8. Does anyone know whether the little pink balls in Pearl can be re-used? Can they be collected and thrown in the bath? Do the pink sago have a rose jam scent on their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi – while I have never tried this, I have heard of people putting these balls in that bathtubs and finding that they add fragrance and moisture to the experience.

      Delete
  9. I really like this massage bar .. but to me, it smells a LOT like that strawberry crunch berries in the Cap'n Crunch cereal I used to have as a kid. But then, Peeping Santa's smell like that to me too, so maybe it's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the little things in life that make a difference in how we feel. The Pearl bar looks great. Just the look of it and I can tell that it is going to make anyone feel great. I love the description of the aromas. Where can you get a bar like that since I would love to try it!

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete


UP