Recently

18 July 2014

Scentenary Soap




It is thanks to Lush that I no longer associate the smell of rose with that over-used and rather pungent aroma; one that seems to accompany a lot of cheap gift sets and cosmetics you find on the high street. The day that I acquired a bottle of Rose Jam for the first time was a turning point for my tastebuds, and I haven't had to look back since. 

Scentenary Soap is a rare gem that I managed to pick up last year and features the same scent as the above shower gel. First released in 2011, this soap was sold in limited amounts as a celebration for Lush opening their 100th UK store. The soap also made a reappearance near the start of 2013, when Lush Canada offered it up as one of their special guests at their Chat Party. It wasn't until the beginning of 2017 that it was finally made available on a commercial scale. 
Despite the fact that the the shower gel and the soap only make a fleeting visit during seasonal releases, Lush know just how popular the fragrance family is. Which is why you can currently buy the Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Ro Argan's Body Conditioner in regular storesboth of which possess the same wonderful smell. If you're lucky enough, you may even be able to pick up a bottle of their Rose Jam Perfume when it makes a fleeting appearance online, which is usually about once a year. 

Firstly, Scentenary gives off a strong but equally soft fragrance. Made up mostly of the rose oil and rose absolute that features in the soap, the scent has a naturally sweet element to it that makes it far more accessible and less overpowering than the more powdery smelling rose cosmetics in their range. Much like the shower gel, this soap also features a note of lemon, which helps to give it its beautiful, uplifting aroma without taking away from the floral element.

Together, these ingredients layer together wonderfully and offer a bright, youthful smell that stays with you long after you leave the shower. Much like other Rose Jam scented products, this soap smells a little like freshly made turkish delight, and whether or not you like rose-dominated cosmetics, I would definitely recommend that you give this one a try - you may just find you love it!
Just as Lush claim, this soap products a rich, creamy lather that doesn't need a lot of coaxing to come out. I chose to massage this between my hands and then smother across my body, and I found that I didn't need to use the bar that long before I had a surplus amount of soapy suds to clean myself with. The effectiveness of the soap meant that this bar lasted me a long time - as long as five weeks, and this was with me using a 100g chunk an average of 1-2 times daily.

With the addition of essential oils to moisturise, smoothen and cleanse, I was expecting Scentenary to leave my skin feeling radiant and nourished. Unfortunately, the soap did dry my skin out a little, and where I had massaged it between my palms, I found that my skin felt slightly taut after a single use. It was not as drying as a lot of other soaps I have tried from Lush, but neither did it leave my skin as soft as most shower gels do. Having said this, I should point out that most soaps leave my skin feeling the same way and this is more a reflection on my skin than it is on the product.

On the positive side, this soap showcases a beautiful aroma and it'll linger on your skin for a long time after application. You can then use the perfume to top up this smell throughout the day. It also made my bathroom smell gorgeous the whole time the soap was in action - making those early mornings just that little bit more bearable.
Unfortunately, it didn't work well with my skin and I had to rely on the shower gel to hydrate and soften myself afterwards. With the right person, I can imagine that this soap would work wonders, and Rose Jam fans will be happy to know that it represents the aroma perfectly. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.50 for 100g.

Scent Family: 
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic

1 comment

  1. Good day! I found your site very interesting and informative . Thanks for taking time sharing it with us. I really enjoyed reading your post.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete


UP