Recently

9 June 2014

Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner


I've been meaning to try this product for a very long time, and only got around to it recently when I dissected a few of my gift sets from last year, and began using the products inside. Ro's Argan Body Conditioner was one such product that featured in various different sets, so I found myself with multiple tubs of the stuff.

Firstly, what exactly is a body conditioner? Well, according to Lush, it is supposed to work in exactly the same way as a hair conditioner, only on your skin and not your head. You're supposed to smooth over wet skin whilst you're bathing or showering, and then simply rinse it off before towelling yourself down. 

There's no denying that this stuff smells absolutely gorgeous. Sharing it's scent with the Rose Jam range, this product possesses a sticky-sweet yet delicate rose fragrance that is unlike any other rose scent I've ever come across before. It's beautiful. It's a natural, floral scent that has been uplifted with the likes of lemon, geranium and tonka bean, all of which give it a modern twist. To me, this perfume smells like the jam in the middle of a doughnut; it is delicious, luxurious scent that'll guarantee to turn heads. Furthermore, there's a slight musky element, which comes from the addition of vanilla pods in the ingredient list, making it an all-round perfect scent.

Other products that share it's smell include the Rose Jam Bubbleroon and the Forum Special Rose Jam Perfume, both of which are favourite products of mine. Further products that possess the same scent include their discontinued and ever-popular Scentenary Soap and their Rose Jam Shower Gel, which was brought back for a limited period as part of their 2013 Christmas range.

As well as it's rich, buttery floral fragrance, Ro's Argan also uses these ingredients, alongside others, to create a thick, velvety conditioner that conditions, radiates and strengthens the skin. Within this combination you'll find argan oil, which at first I had to research as I knew nothing about it to begin with. What I found out was that argan oil is extracted from the kernels of a tree found in Morocco, and is known for it's healing properties. It supposedly heals burns and rashes, hydrates and moistens pores and helps to reverse dry and flaky skin. Perfect.

Next up there's a combination of brazil nut and almond oils, both of which add a nuttiness to the overall scent alongside shea butter, cocoa butter and cupuacu butter, all of which moisturise the skin and leave it soft and radiant. Depending on how much your skin needs moisturising, I tend to use this product once a week, just to give my body a well-deserved reward after a long five days at work. To apply, simply scoop the desired amount from the tub and smother all over the areas you wish to pamper. However, take heed of the following; 

Although Lush don't specify, I'm guessing that you use this product towards the end of your shower, and not as a shower gel or jelly. I say this as my skin became rather greasy after I had applied it, and I found that the water tended to roll off of my body because of how oily my skin was. What I found when I initially tested it out, was that due to it's thick consistency, the skin won't absorb much of the lotion, so you need to spread it as thinly as you can. A little lotion goes a long way. You know your skin well enough to know how much is too much for your needs.

What is fantastic about this product is that the smell is wonderfully potent and stays with you before, during and after your shower. Even when you've towelled yourself down, you can still smell that beautiful sweet floral scent on your skin. I found that this scent remains with you for ages and I could even detect it the following day, which was fantastic.

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is definitely a wonderfully rich conditioner. However, it should be noted that you need to be very careful when applying it to your skin; too much of the stuff and your skin will become too greasy. Due to it's price (currently £15.95 for a 225g tub), and how it can feel if you apply too much, I would recommend that you use this scrupulously in the shower.  
It took me a few attempts to get the right balance for this, but once I did, I was amazed and incredibly grateful that I stuck it out. It leaves your skin smelling gorgeous and feeling wonderfully supple and re-energised, and really helps to eradicate those stubborn dry skin areas. I think this is a great product and I will definitely be buying a big tub of this soon. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Spring Water, Glycerine, Almond Oil, Cypress Leaf Infusion, Brazil Nut Oil, Vanilla Pod Infusion, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Argan Oil, Cupuaçu Butter, Perfume, Triethanolamine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Goji Berry Juice, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Geranium Oil, Lemon Oil, *Limonene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £16.50 for 225g.
2015 Price: £16.50 for 225g
2016 Price: £16.50 for 225g, £27.95 for 500g.

Scent Family: 
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic

3 comments

  1. I bought one not knowing whether it would be good coz there isn't a lush store in my country, i had to buy it online. I was so worried it won't be good as it was so pricey! I feel more relieved now after reading ur review! btw mine is still on the way!!! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it - you'll have to let me know if it was worth the wait :)

      Delete
  2. My brother works at.lush and gave me some samples. They we're mis packaged in the wrong language. So I assumed it was a normal body moisturizer. I have been using it as a non rinse moisturizing lotion. It works amazingly we'll. Can I damage my skin by not rinsing it off. My skin is normally so dry but now it is so.moist and plump.

    ReplyDelete


UP