Recently

20 September 2017

Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel



No one was at all surprised when Rose Jam made a reappearance for this year's Christmas range: I doubt if there was one person that would bat an eyelid at the notion that it's probably the only shower gel that rivals the popularity of Twilight. There are some things that just simply go hand-in-hand: salt and pepper; black and white; Lush and Rose Jam.

What I find particularly strange about this fragrance family is that, while the products all share similarities when it comes to scent, there are some very distinct differences between the items in the shower range. In order for me to gage a full understanding of any contrasts, and offer a well-rounded review of this product, I have had to use the shower gel, naked gel and jelly in succession - across multiple days, to spot those differences.

As you would expect from any Rose Jam product, this naked shower gel contains lots of rose and argan oils, geranium and lemon oils, and a vanilla infusion. Straight away, you can make out each of these components, although it is the rose and lemon oils that govern the overall aroma. 
To me, this naked shower gel is one of the sweetest Rose Jam products. The lemon is fairly predominant in the mix so the gel has an element of fruitiness, that comes alive when the product is in contact with warm water. You can also detect the strong and very natural floral sweetness of the rose, which creates a sort of 'sticky' smell overall. Together, the limited edition really does mimic what you would imagine a batch of rose-flavoured jam to smell like.

As with the other naked gels and creams I have tried so far, I was initially hesitant that this was little more than another gimmick: a glorified soap but with a different name. However, I have found that all of the gels and creams are far more moisturising than soaps, and they actually perfume like shower gels, just as much as the bottled versions do. 

This gel is perhaps one of the most generous naked versions, as I found that the lather was very easy to create - I only had to massage the bottle between my hands for a thick, slightly oil-like foam to form. While I found that massaging it between my hands and then applying it across my body was far easier, I did notice that the product shrunk quicker than when I massaged the bottle directly onto the areas I was cleaning. 

After using this across multiple days, I was pleased to discover that the fragrance was strong enough to remain on my skin for a good couple of hours after my shower. Furthermore, my body felt soft and smooth, just like a normal shower gel would leave it feeling and I didn't always need to moisturise, even on some of the coldest days. 

My only grudge with this product, and this goes for all of the naked gels and creams, is that once it shrinks to a certain size it does become difficult to hold it when you're washing yourself. Much like a shower jelly, it can be a little fiddly to create the lather without dropping it continuously. For this reason, I decided to use this as a replacement for a bubble bar, once it reached a size I found difficult to use. 
When compared to the shower gel and shower jelly, I found that this was definitely the sweetest and the most 'lemony'. The shower gel was much richer and had a more prominent thread of vanilla throughout; and the shower jelly had a stronger note of rose than its two siblings. For this reason, I actually found myself enjoying this one a little more than the latter jelly. 

Overall, I will not be buying this product again - simply because I have enough of the gel and jelly to last me another year. However, it is definitely a product that I would consider buying multiples of, once my shower gel stash has been drastically reduced, and I can see it being a very popular seller throughout this year's seasonal sales. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene, Glycol, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Cypress Leaf Infusion, Vanilla Pod Infusion, Sodium Stearate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Goji Berry Juice, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Geranium Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Argan Oil, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, *Limonene, Colour 17200, Black Specerit Wax.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £10.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family: 
Argan Naked Facial Oil
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic



No comments

Post a Comment


UP