Recently

4 March 2014

Madame Butterfly Bubble Bar



My first experience with bubble bars was back in 2011, when I tried the Magic Wand for the first time. It wasn't the best of experiences, which meant that when Lush released their Mother's Day 'wands' last year, I wasn't overly keen on trying them out. This year however, I've given them a second chance, and I'm really glad that I have. 

Madame Butterfly is the first of three limited edition 'bubble bars on a stick' that Lush have released to coincide with their Mother's Day range this year. What is great about the design of this, and indeed the other two wands that I'll be reviewing shortly, is that they can be used multiple times, making them a lot cheaper than a normal bubble bar or ballistic. Lush claim that you can reuse this product to give you a good five to six baths, which when retailed at £5.25, makes it one of the cheapest products that they offer. I used this wand to give me four incredible baths, and I could have easily squeezed another two from this if I wasn't being so greedy with my bubbles!

Sharing it's scent with Lush's popular Rose Jam Shower Gel and Bubbleroon, Madame Butterfly gives off a sweet and floral aroma, showcasing the most beautiful rose fragrance I have ever smelt. The smell reminds me of the gentle aroma of fresh rose petals, intertwined with a sweet lemon scent to give it that freshness. It's a sugary-sweet blend that smells exactly like freshly-made turkish delight. 

As well as it's beautiful fragrance, this bubble bar is packed full of skin-softening ingredients that not only help to create it's wonderful scent, but also moisturise your skin and leave you smelling gorgeous. Firstly, there's rose oil and rose absolute, both known for their soothing and moisturising properties, and both of which add the natural rose scent that's immediately recognisable; Lemon oil gives this fragrance an uplifting quality, helping to clear the mind whilst adding a glossiness to your hair and skin.Together, they create a rich, sophisticated smelling bubble bar that projects warmth into all who use it.

As you can see from my video, I used Madame Butterfly by swishing it throughout the water until I had enough bubbles and scent in the water. You can also hold this bar under the tap, which I find creates more bubbles that way, but can also break the bar if the water is too powerful. The great thing about this wand, is that you have complete control over deciding how strong you wish your bath to be, meaning that this bubble bar can last as long as you want it to.

One aspect that you must remember about this product is that, after you've finished using it, you'll need to store it somewhere dry so that it doesn't deteriorate. I find that laying it on the packet it came in, or standing it upright in a mug, will often do the trick.   

Ultimately, what I loved about this product, was that the beautiful rich rose aroma became apparent the second it was placed under the tap. Especially given that the last few products I've tried from Lush have not had a very strong scent, I appreciated the fact that this bubble bar possessed a strong scent that was prolonged throughout the entire bathing experience. This wand performed really well in the tub, making the water smell wonderful whilst leaving it feeling soft, creamy and hydrating. Furthermore, under the bubbles, the water turned a delicate shade of pink, which was gorgeous. 

After my bath, I was left with a beautiful delicate floral smell that lingered on my skin for hours after my bath. I topped this up with some Rose Jam Perfume a few hours later and felt like a goddess for the rest of the night. This is definitely one of my favourite products from this year's Mother's Day range, and one I'll definitely be keen to see again. I only hope that Lush bring it back for successive years to come.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cornflour, Citric Acid, Perfume, Rose Absolute, Geranium Oil, Rose Oil, Lemon Oil, Rose Petal Powder, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, *Limonene, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £4.95 each.

2016 Price: £5.50 each.
2017 Price: £4.50 each.

Scent Family: 
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic



No comments

Post a Comment


UP