Recently

12 March 2017

In The Nude Bath Melt



A couple of years ago, I managed to find this odd-looking brown bar that called itself In The Nude. Having never used it before, the need to try it at least once compelled me to purchase it, and I soon discovered that my decision was a poor one. The bar was hard, almost scentless and did very little in the bath, aside from sink to the bottom, where it remained until I removed it in replacement of a bath bomb.

After writing a rather negative review of the melt, I made the decision to refrain from publishing my opinion, as I realised that I would be casting an unfair judgement on a predict that was clearly past its 'best before'. This review sat there until I received a couple of fresh ones the other day, and I realise now that I made the right decision to stay hushed until now.  
   
Let's be honest, In the Nude is not a very attractive looking fella. However, Lush have made it to fulfil a purpose, not to put on a show, so it should be forgiven for being rather boring looking from the outside. Packed full of different oils and butters, this bath melt is designed to calm skin that is suffering from dryness or irritation; the main ingredient being cocoa butter, which is a natural ingredient known for its skin softening properties. The product also contains lavender, rose and chamomile oils; all added to help soothe dry or irritated patches on your body.

As well as sharing similar ingredients to the likes of Farmacy and Dream Cream, this block is also supposedly similar in scent. Sporting a gentle, non-offensive aroma, In The Nude offers a soothing layer of chamomile intertwined with a natural, herbal lavender note.These two together offer something very clean smelling and also very gentle. A little drop of rose absolute in there makes reference to a sweet note as well, but nothing overly potent in the slightest.

This level of subtleness means that this bath melt is great for those who want something to soothe and nourish their skin without using anything too over the top. It also means that you could divide this into halves or quarters, and use a piece alongside a bubble bar or bath bomb if you were looking for something a little more colourful.

On the other side, the lack of colour and fragrance also means that by itself it is rather boring in the bath. After using a whole one to see what it would be like, I was left with water that was very slightly cloudy, and not much else. When I used this one again, I chose to add in a Dream On Bath Bomb and a Golden Slumbers, just to elevate those key scents without taking away from the original melt.

When compared to the most recent bath melts and oils to come out from Lush, this one pales in comparison when it comes to design. Having said that, Lush are known for creating a whole array of different melts to suit difference purposes, and this one is definitely for those who just want to add essential oils to their tub, for a smoother, more moistening experience.
On the positive side, In The Nude is not a greasy bath oil at all, and does induce enough essential butters and oils to make a difference in the water. My skin felt really soft afterwards, and it also helped to soothe the areas of my body that were a little red from catching the sun. My only qualm is that I wasn't able to detect the smell at all on my skin afterwards, although I was able to rectify this by using some of my Dream Cream Body Lotion.

Ultimately, In The Nude does exactly what you expect it to: nothing more, nothing less. If you want a non-greasy, non offensive bath melt, this is one you'll want to try out. I might save the ones I have left for the summer and use them on the days that I expose my skin to the sun for long periods of time.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Alkanett in Almond Oil (Alkanna tinctoria, Prunus dulcis) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis) , *Geraniol , *Citronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.95 each.

Scent Family:
101 Salvations
Dream Cream Body Lotion
Dream Cream Self-Preserving Body Lotion
Dream On Bath Bomb
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie Roulade
Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap
In The Nude Bath Melt



No comments

Post a Comment


UP