Recently

9 December 2013

Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap


Fresh Farmacy is described by Lush as a "cleansing chamomile and calamine bar for troublesome skin". Although I don't consider my skin to be at all troublesome, I was intrigued to step away from my much-loved Angels On Bare Skin, and try something a little different. 

A great aspect about Fresh Farmacy is that, because it's solid, it tends to last a lot longer than other 'wet' alternatives. A 100g block, which cost me £4.75, lasted close to four full months, almost a two month difference when compared to other Lush cleansers. It is also the cheapest option on their site, meaning it's a lot more bang for your buck. 

The cleanser is described as a facial soap, which may concern those of you who know how dry and tight a soap can sometimes make your skin feel. Thankfully, Fresh Farmacy leaves your skin fresh and firm but without the tightness that some other soaps normally cause. 

Fresh Farmacy has the soft fragrance of rose, tee tree and lavender - a fresh and floral scent that is probably perfectly suited to anyone looking for a light cleanser with minimal smell. Containing calamine powder, which is supposed to calm red blotches and blemishes, chamomile, which helps to calm the skin, and tea tree, which is antibacterial and antiseptic and is meant to help with spots, this is an all-rounded powerhouse of a cleanser.

To use it, you simply have to wet your face, rub all over to create a creamy lather, and then rinse it off. To start with, you may find it easier to rub it between the palm of your hands and then apply it that way, as the shape of a new block can often make it hard to reach the nooks and crevices on your face. The cleanser is very effective at removing makeup, including eye makeup, and makes your skin feel beautiful when coupled with a good facial moisturiser such as Enzymion or Celestial. 

A word of warning; I do suggest that you store this bar away from the shower as if it is left in constant contact with any moisture, it will shrink a lot quicker than when kept dry. I patted mine dry after each use, which is probably why mine lasted so long.

After using this cleanser for a month, I've noticed that my skin felt smoother and firmer, and I had fewer blemishes around my chin, which I consider to be my 'problem area'. It hasn't stopped me getting a few spots but I blame this on my excessive soda consumption! 

When I was using this, I applied it twice a day, and found that it was slightly drying. This wasn't so much a problem as I coupled it with my facial moisturiser and my skin was fine. However, I'm unsure whether my skin will remain as forgiving in the cold winter months, when I notice my skin gets incredibly dry and damaged.

Overall I'm very impressed with this cleanser. It's good value for money, doesn't irritate my skin, leaving it generally clear and free from blemishes. I'm happy with it, although for now, I plan on sticking to my regulars: Angels On Bare Skin and Buche De Noel.

Quantitative Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction, Elderflower Decoction, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Lavender Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rose Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: ?

Scent Family:
101 Salvations
Dream Cream Body Lotion
Dream Cream Self-Preserving Body Lotion
Dream On Bath Bomb
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie Roulade
Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap
In The Nude Bath Melt
Oaty Creamy Dreamy Oat Milk Shower Cream

4 comments




  1. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you



    Makeup Removing Cleanser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying this now, and I don't know if I am using it right or not lol, but for nearly a month now, I already use half of the 100g bar, how do I have to exactly use this product?(Yes I cut my bar, or is it because I've cut the bar that my bar don't actually last long like yours lol) Mine didn't smell like lavender like at all, tea-tree smell is more likely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How you use this product is exactly up to how you feel the most comfortable. For me, I gently smoothed it across my face whilst standing outside of the water from the shower, which helped to keep my bar exposed to as little liquid as possible. Then I also make sure that I pat it down after use so that the water doesn't disintegrate it.Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh okay, I might try your method and see whether that will gives my bar much longer life. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete


UP