Recently

22 June 2013

Dream Cream Lotion


I was surprised to learn that Dream Cream is Lush's biggest selling product, but it's not difficult to understand once you find out why. For years, Lush have received endless letters detailing the agonies and worries of consumers who had eczema and other skin irritations, and found shopping for lotions and skin care products almost impossible. Lush came up with a definitive cream that was to solve all of that cement itself as their biggest selling item to date. 

Oats have been used for centuries to cool hot, damaged skin and to treat eczema, which is why Lush decided to use them as a basis for their number one selling body lotion. Rose water, olive oil, cocoa butter and vegetable glycerine are then added as natural and gentle moisturisers. A blend of rose absolute, chamomile blue, tea tree and lavender finish round this product off with an impressive finish.

Sometimes, all skin wants is to be gently cared for and nurtured – and that is exactly what Dream Cream does. But let's not just assume that this product is for those unfortunate enough to suffer sensitive or damaged skin. 
Initially I received two small pots of this last Christmas, one in my Lush legends gift box and another as part of a Christmas package. I wasn't overly bowled over by the smell; a mixture of tea tree and lavendar. But I was more interested in it's healing properties, and I eventually came round to the smell. 

Dream Cream is a medium thickness hand and body cream. And although it is aimed more at whole body application, I decided to use this as my daily facial cream. What I loved about this product, is that it's not greasy or sticky, and it instantly hydrates my face. Although tea tree can be harsh when used continuously on certain skin types, I find that it compliments my complexion, and so far I have not had any problems using it once or twice a day. 

Dream Cream is also light enough to use as a cleanser, although I tend to use this alongside 9 to 5, which is much better at removing stubborn make-up stains and unblocking pores. Although not the most beautiful smelling Lush product, it does a great job at calming and soothing skin, and helps to invigorate my tired face before those 6am commutes.

Quantitative Ingredients: Oat Milk, Rose Water, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Tincture of Benzoin, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

Scent Family:
101 Salvations
Dream Cream Body Lotion
Dream Cream Self-Preserving Body Lotion
Dream On Bath Bomb
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie
Dreamwash Shower Smoothie Roulade
Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap
In The Nude Bath Melt
Oaty Creamy Dreamy Oat Milk Shower Cream


2 comments

  1. I wanted to buy it a while ago, but it was all sold out, I am going to try to find it again today, it sounds amazing!

    kisses from Istanbul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic article. It's a fantastic piece of information. Your writing ability is quite astounding. Custom Cream Boxes

    ReplyDelete


UP