Recently

8 February 2015

Yummy Mummy Shower Gel


My heart almost leapt out of my mouth when I first caught a glimpse of this brand new shower gel. Firstly, any shower gel new or ancient will get a reaction out of me; it is quite simply the greatest format of cosmetic on the planet. Secondly, the colour of this particular product was stunning - the enticing shade of lilac really caught my eye and made me want to find out as much as I could about it.

When Yummy Mummy first revealed itself, I expected a deep, rich, violet scent to coincide with the colour of the shower gel. The mere thought of such a product was enough to make me salivate and bring about the heart palpitations. I was initially disappointed then, when I discovered that there was not a trace of violet in this product at all. 

Having said that, my brief annoyance was quickly replaced by excitement when I discovered that the shower gel in fact shares it scent with the wonderful Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel, Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar and Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar, amongst other items. While you may consider it pointless renaming and re-releasing a shower gel in a different colour, you may be interested to know that the original gel was not vegan, whereas this one is - a small victory for those of us who love this scent but could not previously enjoy it. Furthermore, the scent of this shower gel is not an exact replica of the non-vegan shower gel and I actually think it's an improvement on all of the above products. 

With a combination of geranium oil, Brazilian orange oil and tonka absolute, this shower gel is a super sweet and highly fruity offering from Lush. The geranium provides a powdery, floral element to the scent - a note that sits underneath the fresh strawberry aroma and pads out the overall fragrance. The inclusion of tonka absolute and orange oil gives Yummy Mummy a strong, uplifting fruity smell that is elevated somewhat when used in the shower. 

Together, these three ingredients create a wonderful, light, refreshing shower gel that smells good enough to eat. Having tried out most of the other products that feature this scent, I can honestly say that this fragrance is most effective in shower gel format. It's stunning!
In the bottle, this product is quite runny - sharing it's consistency with the likes of Ponche and Black Pearl. Just like these other two products, you don't need much at all to create an impressive lather. A small drop creates a surplus of light, fluffy foam that can easily be massaged across your body. While there is lustre present in the bottle, this doesn't make its way onto your skin so glitter-phobes don't have to worry about the 'mess' it might make in the shower. 

Not only does it make your skin feel instantly clean, soft and radiant, but the smell permeates your body and stays with you long after you leave the shower. I could still detect the beautiful decadence of the strawberries some five hours after I had used the gel in the shower. For this reason, Yummy Mummy would make a lovely summer product, as after you have used it, you'd be able to detect waves of its fruitiness throughout the day - a perfect accompaniment for the beach. 

Overall, I would say that this is an all-round perfect product, and one that I have already chosen to stockpile in case it doesn't come back next year. I think that it is fantastic that Lush have brought this out as part of the Mother's Day range and I can imagine it being a really fast seller in the shops. In fact, it is this sort of scent that should be made a permanent in their stores as it would be one of their biggest sellers, guaranteed.
Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Geranium Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Tonka Absolute, Carrageenan Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Snowflake Lustre, Methylparaben

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.75 for 100g,  £9.50 for 250g, £15.95 for 500g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 



Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Olibanum Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.25.

Scent Family:
D'Fluff Shaving Soap
The Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar
Fairy Tail Sugar Scrub
Flutterby Bubble Bar
Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar
Mrs Whippy Ballistic
Peeping Santa Bubbleroon
Peeping Santa Liquid Perfume
Roller Bath Bomb
Strawberry Bombshell Lip Tint
Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
Strawberry Santa Soap
Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner
Yummy Mummy Body Lotion
Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel
Yummy Mummy Shower Cream


15 comments

  1. I saw this on the website last night after hearing about it and now I REALLY WANT IT! :D I'm tempted to order some online to try out but I don't wanna worry that I just spend postage on just one item... That's the problem with Lush you need to spend a fortune to get your moneys worth! xD

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that the postage can add on far too much to make it worth you investing in it. Could you perhaps wait until there's something in the kitchen you want and then purchase some then?

      Delete
  2. ooooh yes! So glad I've read this before I made my mothers day order.....wasn't overly interested in Yummy Mummy til I see it has the same scent of drummers drumming!
    Thanks Jen ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG looks amazing!! YYY shower gel was discontinued before I became a Lushie, so I never got to try it out. So excited to try this. Here in New Zealand, Mother's Day is in May so I have to wait a couple more months, fingers cross they release it over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother's Day in US is also in May, too. I can't wait to try this shower gel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, I'm really pleased you can enjoy this gorgeous scent!

    I have a bottle of YYY and I can't really tell the difference, but it's amazing that this is vegan and will be in stores for long enough to stock up on. I really enjoy the creamier shower gels like this (and Olive Branch) so fragrance and moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you COULD have enjoyed the non-vegan gel, you just chose not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - my ethics prohibited me from doing so. Each to their own :)

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curious that the shower gel doesn't actually have strawberries in it while the body conditioner does. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm from the U.S. and thought we weren't going to get the Mother's Day range (as if!). So I bought some Mother Superiors from across the pond, at first disappointed that I wasn't able to get the full range of products. But since I troll LushUSA's website, visiting it at least once a day, the second I saw that pink Mother's Day tab a rushed over and purchased every item available. Without smelling it, completely based on your reviews, I'm buy the large container of Yummy Mummy shower gel. I know I will not be disappointed because this blog speaks to my soul. (BTW super jelly that you guys have a KITCHEN for limited edition products, I can only sit and salivate!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless you, I'm glad my blog convinced you to buy it as the shower gel is superb! I hope you find it everything you want and more. I have 5 bottles of the stuff to last me through the year and I only hope they bring it back next Mothers Day.

      Delete
  10. Hey Jen, so I live in the US and just purchased a bottle of yummy mummy from the UK because I could not wait! When it arrived, it smelled absolutely terrible, it reminded me nothing of strawberry feels forever. To me it smelled fruity at first, but then that was replaced with an extremely bitter and almost rotten smell. Even after I used it on my skin, I could still smell the bitterness.do you think this could have been a bad batch, because if so I might give it another try :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like the reaction that some people get. YM is such a sickly sweet smell that some people think it's too overwhelming. It COULD be a bad batch but the likelyhood is that your nose just doesn't like it :(

      Delete


UP