Recently

1 May 2013

Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar


Before using this product, I’d never used a massage bar in my life, so I hadn’t the slightest idea how to use one. How could a seemingly rock-solid bar act as an effective moisturiser for my skin? I carried out a little research into massage bars and how they were supposed to work, and the science that Lush presented me with seemed to make complete sense. 

The massage bar was a concept created by a guy called Mark, who wanted to create products that used less environmentally-damaging materials for packaging. He was also concerned that your typical lotions and potions, were very easily spilt and often separated when left for long periods of time. He wanted to create a lotion that maintained it's consistency and was easy enough to use. 

After a little incident with a bar of chocolate, which melted rather quickly when exposed to his bodily heat, he came up with the idea of the massage bar. If he could produce solid bars, that contained all the essential oils you'd expect from a liquid alternative, but which would only melt when exposed to a little heat, users would be able to control how much they wished to use, and it was a lot less messy than bottles of lotions and liquids. Thus the solid massage bar took the world by storm.

Strawberry Feels Forever is a limited edition massage bar made with crushed strawberries, an infusion of hibiscus flowers and scented with a delicious fruit sundae with cream aroma. It contains chocolatey Fairtrade organic cocoa butter, fair-trade shea butter and luscious, extra virgin coconut oil to give you a fruity massage to remember.
This is such an easy product to use. After taking it out of it's wrapper and rubbing it gently between my palms,  a significant amount of oil had already melted onto my hand. I began to spread it all over my arms and legs and found out just how easy it was to use. 

The texture of it is like that of a combination of melted shea butter and oil. I will admit that it does feel rather rich and greasy on the skin when you first apply it. However, once you've left it to absorb for 5-10 minutes, your skin is left feeling super soft and glossy.

Each time you use the bar, you only marginally scrape the top layer off, meaning that this bar lasts a long time. I use it every couple of days on my entire body and I'm into my sixth week of using the same bar at the moment.

I was a little disappointed with the scent as it is no way as poignant as I was hoping for. There is a somewhat creamy strawberry scent there, mixed with the smell of cocoa butter. However, it’s only subtly sweet, and is generally more like a creamy scent with a bit of fruity strawberry added in there for good measure.
Overall, it's a wonderful product, and one that leaves you feeling and smelling good. Although I would not recommend it to people who want a quick moisturise after a shower/bath. It does take a while for the product to kick in and the scent doesn't linger around for too long, meaning if you plan on using it before a night out, you may need to give yourself enough time to let it work it's magic before you head out. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Fresh Strawberries, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract, Olibanum Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £5.95.



Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Olibanum Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.25.

Scent Family:
D'Fluff Shaving Soap
The Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar
Fairy Tail Sugar Scrub
Flutterby Bubble Bar
Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar
Mrs Whippy Ballistic
Peeping Santa Bubbleroon
Peeping Santa Liquid Perfume
Roller Bath Bomb
Strawberry Bombshell Lip Tint
Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
Strawberry Santa Soap
Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner
Yummy Mummy Body Lotion
Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel
Yummy Mummy Shower Cream

5 comments

  1. Have you tried a D'Fluff shaving soap? It has the same scent of Strawberry Feels Forever Massage ber. I really recommend to try it! I think D'Fluff shaving soap is useful if you don't shave. because it contains a soap base, and LUSH says "Use on the legs, face, or as a body wash." It will be great as a mild fatial cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I haven't tried D-Fluff but I was aware of it's scent :) Unfortunately, the product is not vegan so I am unable to use it. Both of my flatmates currently have a pot going at the moment and I'm always tempted to give it a lick...

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Soft Coeur massage bar? I was thinking about getting it as a gift for me girlfriend since we both love the Honey I Washed the Kids scent but I'd love to hear your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got around to trying this one in a mixed lot of Lush massage bars I bought off of Ebay last month ... and instantly fell in love. I'm not keen on Snow Fairy / candy-type scents from Lush, so this one stayed off my radar, because of the strawberry factory. I was expecting a Snow Fairy version of strawberry. ... However, this is the dreamiest strawberry I have ever smelled .. more like a delicious strawberries-and-cream, that just makes you hungry for strawberry ice cream! I bring this with me everywhere, in a little baggie so it doesn't get melty in my pocket, but I cannot do without it, it seems. I see I'm going to have to raid all of the Ebay auctions I can find for this one, to try to save a little money, and stockpile a hoard against the inevitable disappearance from Lush's product lines one of these days...

    ReplyDelete


UP