Recently

13 February 2015

Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner


As I have stated in many of my previous reviews, while Lush are most known for their bath bombs and bubble bars, it is the other products that I am mostly interested in. The shower gels, lotions and other skin-based cosmetics are definitely the items that I get the most excited over when they're released, so you can imagine how ecstatic I was to discover that Lush were bringing out both a new shower gel and a body conditioner for their Mother's Day range.  


While I will admit that I don't often use a body conditioner in my daily routine, the second I smelt Yummy Mummy for the first time, I just knew that this would be a staple product in my life for the foreseeable future - cue me having to purchase multiple tubs for storage!

Some of you, especially new Lushies, are most likely wondering what exactly a body conditioner is. Looking very much like your typical body lotion, albeit slightly thicker, a body conditioner is something you apply to your skin in the shower - supposedly working in the same way as a hair conditioner, only on your skin instead. You smooth it over wet skin whilst you're bathing or towards the end of your shower and then simply rinse it off before towelling yourself down. 

Not to be used daily, this oil-rich cream is a luxury for your body - one that you can use from time to time to add moisture to dry skin, plump out flattened and lifeless complexions and offer your entire body a deep, nourishing experience that will last for days. 

There's no denying that this stuff smells absolutely gorgeous. Sharing it's scent with the Yummy Yummy Yummy range, this product possesses a sweet, fruity and very playful strawberry aroma - one that has a delicate and very complimentary floral aroma that sits comfortably behind the dominant note and offers little bursts of geranium throughout the day. It's absolutely gorgeous. 
While it does possess the same fragrance as Yummy Mummy Shower Gel, this one is slightly more simplistic on the nose and you don't get much more than the strawberry juice and orange oil coming through at any one time. There is an element of the tonka as well, which gives it an almost cloudy fruity smell, but it is the strawberry that dominates here. 

As with all of Lush's other body conditioners, the actual product itself is a rich and very buttery lotion. This is due to the inclusion of almond oil, cocoa butter and murumuru butter - three products that offer incredible skin softening and conditioning properties. 

The former ingredient is known for its impressive moisturising capabilities. Packed full of vitamin E, almonds are traditionally regarded as having special healing and protecting properties, soothing the skin while also hydrating it at the same time. The almond oil works at healing those dry and cracked patches on your body, coating it in oils that will soothe and stimulate cell growth. 

Cocoa butter is famous for its nourishing qualities and works well in lotions because it reacts to the temperature of your body and melts to the perfect consistency while in use. It is thanks to this softening ingredient that the body conditioner is thick and creamy while also thin enough to lather over your body with ease. 

I should warn you that this product does feel really greasy on your skin when you apply it, and when I first tried out some of the company's other body conditioners, I found them quite off-putting to begin with. Your skin will become rather oily once it has been applied and it takes a while after you have towelled yourself down for your skin to go back to feeling 'normal'. 

However, once your body has had an opportunity to absorb the oils and butters, you'll be left with velvety-soft skin that looks plumper, feels more vibrant and gives off a radiance that your winter-kissed skin is no doubt craving. You certainly don't need to moisturise afterwards and you'll feel the effects of this wonderful product for days afterwards.  

What is fantastic about this product is that the smell is wonderfully potent and stays with you before, during and after your shower. Even when you've towelled yourself down, you can still smell that beautiful sweet floral scent on your skin. I found that this scent remains with you for ages and I could even detect it the following day, which was fantastic.
Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner is definitely a wonderfully rich conditioner. However, it should be noted that you need to be very careful when applying it to your skin; too much of the stuff and your skin will become too greasy and it can work out rather costly. Due to it's price (retailed at £19.95 for a 240g tub), I would recommend that you use this scrupulously in the shower and perhaps use it no more than once a week. 

It took me a few attempts to get the right balance for this, but once I did, I was amazed and incredibly grateful that I stuck it out. It leaves your skin smelling gorgeous and feeling wonderfully supple and re-energised, and really helps to eradicate those stubborn dry skin areas. I think this is a great product and I will definitely be buying a few more tubs - if only to sniff the wonderful uplifting fragrance that will be perfect for the warmer months. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Organic Almond Oil, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Stearic Acid, Murumuru Butter, Perfume, Triethanolamine, Fresh Strawberry Juice, Geranium Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Tonka Absolute, Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £19.95 for 240g.
2017 Price: £19.95 for 240g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 


Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Olibanum Oil, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.25.

Scent Family:
D'Fluff Shaving Soap
The Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar
Fairy Tail Sugar Scrub
Flutterby Bubble Bar
Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar
Mrs Whippy Ballistic
Peeping Santa Bubbleroon
Peeping Santa Liquid Perfume
Roller Bath Bomb
Strawberry Bombshell Lip Tint
Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
Strawberry Santa Soap
Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner
Yummy Mummy Body Lotion
Yummy Mummy Shower Gel
Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel
Yummy Mummy Shower Cream


8 comments

  1. How do you make a little go a long way? I try to be very conservative when using their body conditioners, but it just won't spread around for me. I will use a little, but then it doesn't feel covered so I have to get more out - am I doing something wrong? Because I went through a small 45g tub of Ro's Argan in 3-4 goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the same thing too especially if you are applying it in the shower it seems to get diluted by the running water and thins it out feeling like it's not thick enough. What I find works for me is to apply it before I hop in the shower that way the butters and oils get a chance to sink into my skin and i find I don't use as much.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I did an order today but got the yummy mummy shower gel just to see so I am so excited now as it sems to be a very popular smell :) I am guessing the conditioners are like the body buttercreams? I am a relative new lushie (probs since xmas when I discovered the sale :-p ) but just have to tell you I got up at 7 so I could nab a bottle of Twilight shower gel from the kitchen, and I got two yaaaaaaaaaaay! I know you'll get my excitement cus my hubs sure doesn't lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body conditioners are more a more lotion-like consistency compared to the buttercreams. The buttercream is closest to a shower smoothie I would say, and the body conditioners look exactly like a lotion. The buttercreams I find very cleansing, and the body moisturisers are more a product you use after you have washed yourself in the shower :)

      Delete
    2. Agreed Callie! It's more like an intense moisturiser that you use just before getting out of the shower!

      Delete
  3. Thanks you two x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you two x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went and bought some of this last month and just started using it. The sales associate who sold it to me suggested I use it for my hair, I tried it and omg it's wonderful! I don't suggest it for all hair types (I have really curly hair). Wishing it wasn't limited edition. I hope I can find more!

    ReplyDelete


UP