Recently

7 June 2013

Angels On Bare Skin Facial Cleanser


Since discovering Lush, I have found I have become reliant on cleansers as part of my daily routine. Working twelve hour days as a Year 6 teacher completely takes it out on me, and I find that my skin is the first thing to suffer. The first cleanser I ever used was Buche De Noel, which still stands as my all time favourite cleanser, followed closely by Let The Good Times Roll. Given that they're both seasonal products, one of which may never resurface again, I have to accept that for 6-8 months of the year, I have to rely on other cleansers to make my skin feel as refreshed and clean.

When making my last Lush order, this was the first cleanser I laid my eyes on, and so it is the first one I have tried since using up all of my Christmas editions. Lush have definitely done their research with Angels on Bare Skin, as there's not an ingredient here that doesn't serve a purpose. Almond milk has been used in many parts of the world for centuries as a toning and brightening ingredient. So it's only natural that Lush would choose almonds as the main ingredient for this cleaner.

Lush have also mixed this with kaolin, to absorb grease and gently cleanse, vegetable glycerine to soften and moisturise the skin and a beautiful blend of essential oils, all chosen for their abilities to balance and tone the skin. To top it off, they then sprinkle the mix with lavender flowers as they roll it to give it a distinctive smell.
Angels on Bare Skin is made from 100 percent natural ingredients – which turns into a cleansing milk once it comes into contact with water. I tend to take the smallest amount possible (maybe half a teaspoon's worth), add the tiniest amount of water from my shower water, and then lather it between my hands to create a paste. I then apply it to my face, leave it on for a minute or so in the shower, and then rinse it off under warm water. 

It is hard to tell you in words how fantastic this product is, except that the effects are immediate. My skin feels soft and refreshed - with a natural healthy glow. Unlike LTGTR, I can use this cleanser every day and it's gentle enough not to strip my skin or make it too dry.

A 100g pot lasts me a good couple of months, which I worked out is roughly 10p a day; a bargain when I consider how much it supports and improve my complexion.

Quantitative Ingredients: Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Flowers, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes


11 comments

  1. [...] Beauty Nectar by Ashieda is a unique nutri-cosmetic new to America, but the effectiveness of this product will definitely make it a household name before long. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think this would work with very sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - this is probably the best facial cleanser for sensitive skin - it's really gentle when you apply it - not as scratchy as some of the other ones. Then the inclusion of the lavender and chamomile makes it really gentle on your complexion - It won't irritate your skin at all. I would highly recommend it.

      Delete
  3. I too have sensitive skin but an oily t-zone and this does a good job of cleansing without bringing me out in a rash. The Lavender helps me relax too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using this cleanser for years and I have a sensitive skin. I don't find it all drying. Only negative is the dry lavender bits annoy me a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What other products have a similar scent to this? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There aren't any products that really have a similar scent to this, unless you focus on the natural lavender-scented items. Then you might consider Deep Sleep Shower Jelly or Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar perhaps? But they're no where near a perfect match!

      Delete
  6. Will this help with dry, sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't even bring myself to try this :/ I know a lot of people think Herbalism looks like weed (it dosen't) but to me this SMELLS like weed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rose and lavender are SO amazing. I wish there was another product that had this scent!

    ReplyDelete


UP