Recently

22 November 2015

Dirty Solid Perfume


Although it is one of Lush's more popular signature scents, it is not a fragrance that inspired any interest from me to begin with. While I enjoy the smells of all of the ingredients present in this solid edition, not one of them would be considered a personal favourite of mine, and I can certainly never see myself falling head over heels in love with a heavily minty scent (aside from Abominaball).  

As with many of Lush's solid editions, Dirty Solid Perfume replicates the liquid fragrance perfectly - offering consumers a more compact and better value for money edition that sits nicely in a purse or pocket and can be reapplied at any given moment. 

Initially launched in 2011, the original fragrance features lavender, neroli, sandalwood, oak moss, tarragon, thyme and mint; a unique and interesting concoction that boasts multiple layers for wearers to enjoy throughout the entire day. While this edition doesn't seem to feature any oak moss, the smell that leaped out of the tub upon opening was exactly what I was expecting so you won't find any surprises here. 

As I stated above, this is a heavily mint-dominated aroma - one that isn't thwarted by anything sweet to make it more creamy like you would perhaps expect with a lot of other branded cosmetics. This strong, crisp mint smell is refreshing and heady, yet it is not overly potent at all. 

Alongside this is a note of tarragon, which gives the perfume a rather green herby smell - one that has a slight kick to it which reminds me a little of aniseed or liquorice. Coupled with the mint, these two components create a fragrance reminiscent of men's aftershave - just without the horrible cloudy cologne element that you get as an afterthought upon spraying the aerosol. 

Yet despite the nature of this fragrance, Dirty does not come across as a predominantly masculine smell. While many would definitely state it as being the most masculine scent that Lush offers, there is definitely room here for it to be a unisex perfume.    

In fact, all of the ingredients Lush have brought together, compliment each other wonderfully and create a rich and complex fragrance, one that grows with you throughout the day. After applying this to your skin, you can expect to enjoy the perfume for a good 3-4 hours. While this is not as long as the liquid version, and may seem a little short for those who want something with longevity, this is the average life span of most Lush solid perfumes so it is to be expected.

As a solid perfume, you are supposed to apply this to both your pulse points - most notably your neck and wrists. However, you can also apply this to your hair - rubbing a little bit between your fingers and then running them through your hair to give you wonderful fragrant hair to see you through the day. I find that the smell tends to linger longer when used in this way, so I often opt to use my solids as hair care rather than perfume.
Ultimately, this is another good example of a solid perfume from Lush. Although it is far from being my favourite fragrance, I do love how refreshing it is on the senses and how different it is to every other perfume available from the company right now. I tend to use this in the colder months, when I need something powerful to wake me up in the mornings, and I find that this ticks all of the boxes when it comes to giving me that much-desired 'slap in the face'. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Perfume, Talc, Tarragon Oil (Artemisia dracunculus), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum viell), Lavender Absolute (Lavandula angustifolia), Neroli Oil ( Citrus Aurantium), Thyme Absolute (Thymus Vulgaris), Cinnamyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Farnesol, Hydroxycitronellal, Methyl Ionone, Colour 77289.  

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £6.50 for 12g.

Year Of Original Release: ?

Scent Family:
Dirty Body Spray
Dirty Massage Bar
Dirty Soap
Dirty Solid Perfume
Dirty Springwash Naked Shower Gel
Dirty Springwash Shower Gel
Dirty Toothy Tabs
Moustachio Soap

6 comments

  1. Another great review ! I love your blog and your videos. Would want to meet and talk to you one day !

    Love ya!
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you that I'm not that interesting! haha! Thank you though :)

      Delete
  2. I love to read your reviews. I wish to have your stock of Lush products. Perhaps one day when my wallet allows it. ( you should visit my blog sometimes, I try to write about Lush a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to remember that perfumes are very temperature sensitive. Cold temperature will reduce the intensity of the perfume. Wear stronger perfume such as Eau De Parfum in the winter time and lighter such an Eau De Toilette in the summer. Parfum Dsquared2


    ReplyDelete


UP