Recently

23 November 2014

Snow Showers Shower Jelly


If you'd asked me six months ago, what I thought about the Snow Showers scent, I'd have probably shrugged my shoulders and uttered the words, 'It's alright'. I'd acquired a large 500g bottle of the shower gel, and invested in a couple of pots of the jelly when it came out during the December retro range. However, it wasn't until I began to use both of these products, that I came to realise how much I loved the scent.

Featured in both their Golden Wonder seasonal Ballistic and their new Celebrate Lotion, Christmas is the perfect time to bring back this popular shower jelly; it's a great scent to wash away those seasonal blues with. Unfortunately, it took me  close to four months to actually experience this amazing product, due to the back log of products I had to get through first. Now that I've finally shared a shower with this beauty, I will be stocking up each and every time Lush release this. 

Snow Showers Shower Jelly is a luxuriously refreshing, milky-white, snowy shower jelly scented with wild oranges and cognac. It has a bright, citrus kick to it which makes it refreshingly zesty and a great product to spruce those senses up throughout the coldest months of the year. Containing a mixture of orange oil, cognac oil, and lime oil, this jelly offers both a strong scent to bathe in and a gentle texture to soften and moisturise you skin. It also features softening elderflower and seaweed gel and lathers up a treat to clean body and hair with. 

One feature that makes the shower jelly effective in the bathroom, is that it can be stretched further than the regular shower gel version might. You only need to break a little bit off, and the lather it creates will clean your entire body from head to toe. Whether it was me being greedy, or whether it's a product default, I found that when I used the shower gel, I ended up using twice the volume that I did when using the jelly format. This makes it much better value for money than it's liquid counterpart. 

There are several ways that you can use the shower jelly. Firstly, you can rub the whole block, or a broken-off piece, directly onto your skin. However, I find that this is fairly ineffective as it does not create much of a lather and the jelly becomes too wet, making it slippery and difficult to hold on to. What I find works for me, is breaking off a grape-sized piece and then rubbing it into a sponge or shower-puff, before lathering all over my body. This tends to help the jelly foam up, wherein the puff them holds the lather whilst you clean yourself.  

After using this, my skin feels really soft and refreshed, and the scent lingers for a while on my skin. Furthermore, I have tried freezing this product and then using it in the shower, and have found that it makes a wonderful addition to your routine when the weather is hot and you need cooling down, while still wanting to clean yourself under hot water.

Unfortunately, despite the beautiful fragrance and how soft it leaves my skin, there are drawbacks to this jelly. Firstly, Snowshowers is a limited edition product, so don't get too attached; you may find you'll only be able to use it once a year! Secondly, and probably the biggest issue, is that shower jellies are hard work to use in the shower, and I often get rather frustrated at how many times I drop or lose my piece of jelly down the plughole. Shower jellies are much more fiddly to use, and I always revert back to my shower gels when I can. This is something I've gotten used to over time, but it's never going to be easy as using a gel. 

I love that Lush are trying to find new and creative ways to present their products in, and I recognise that this jelly is more economically sound, as it's sold in a pot that is recyclable, unlike their shower jellies. However, I see no reason why Lush couldn't do the same for their shower gels and simply re-home them in shower jelly-style tubs. Having said this, I won't be able to resist purchasing a few tubs of this when it comes back into the kitchen this week. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Sesame Oil, Glycerine, Elderflower Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Sweet Orange Oil, Cognac Oil, Lime Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2014 Price: £7.95 for 240g.
2015 Price: £7.95 for 240g.
2016 Price: £7.95 for 240g.
2017 Price: £7.95 for 240g.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner

17 comments

  1. Very interesting review as always! I was thinking to grab this one or not lol and your review help me a lot..guess it's a no for me then lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the one from the retro range a couple of years ago. Although it is coming in the Lush Kitchen this week so keep your eyes peeled :)

      Delete
  3. I love the scent of Celebrate and I love the shower jellies so I think I'm gonna grab two of these ha. I never have much luck with buying kitchen items (they're always sold out by the time I can order) but I'm off work all week so I'll be jumping online fast to get this one and Ponche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. If you had to choose between this and Ponche which would you recommend? I'm guessing they'll be released on different days and I can't buy both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ponche! Ponche! Ponche! While I love the Snow Showers scent, Ponche is one of my all time favourites :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I wish I loved the jellies but I don't. So that's that decided!

      Delete
  5. I asked on Facebook and Ponche is being released on Wednesday, still trying to find out about Snowshowers. I want both, so I guess I'll be making two orders if they come out on different days but I have a few other things I need so I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this review! Looks like I'll be buying a few of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One reason they they don't rehome their gels into pots is because they'd be so messy. Also, I hate products in pots in general- it is SO unsanitary to stick your fingers into a product repeatedly then store it! I wish they'd go the other way- move their lotions and things into bottles and recycle those. I don't see why they don't let you return the bottles anyway, like they do the pots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen, just found a little mistake in the review: "Firstly, Shower Showers is a limited edition product, so don't get too attached; you may find you'll only be able to use it once a year!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out!!! The grammar police are here!!! It's such a small, insignificant mistake!!! I think that she is way too busy to worry about something like that!! Just enjoy the reviews!!

      Delete
    2. just wanted to help ... :-(

      Delete
    3. Hey Anonymous! You did help, thank you! I am all for people pointing out blips and spelling mistakes - it keeps me on my toes and ensures that my blog is as well constructed and written as possible. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention :)

      Delete
  9. Just ordered two pots! So excited as Celebrate is one of my favorite scents! Thinking about using your DIY and Turing half of one into a shower gel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and useful post within your side of helpfulness towards the making tricks. Thanks you very much.

    Easy Dry | Pull and Dry | Buy mop Online

    ReplyDelete


UP