Recently

27 September 2017

Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner


Although I've never been much of a drinker, I do have fond memories as a teenager, of enjoying a glass of Buck's Fizz during my family's New Year's Eve's celebrations. The excitement of being allowed to digest alcohol while underage was enough to mask the fact that the drink itself tasted rather cheap and nasty. The same can definitely not be said about this brand new seasonal release. 

Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner is easily my favourite Christmas product this year. Not only does it have an exquisite fragrance that tantalises my senses and makes me salivate at the mere thought of using it, it also works like an absolute dream; and I only wish that it was a part of the regular range.
Sharing its scent with Bubbly Shower Gel, this limited edition is one of four body conditioners available in the seasonal range this year. While they all have their merits, this one definitely takes the crown as the best all-rounder, and here's why: 

Containing an abundance of fresh orange juice; a grapefruit decoction; and cognac, orange and lime oils, this limited edition is bursting with fragrance. In fact, I find it far more pleasing than the shower gel as it is sweeter, fruitier and slightly more zesty than its older sibling. From the tub you get a thick, vibrant burst of citrusy goodness, which reminds with very much of the orange Starburst sweets, albeit stronger. The orange is definitely the leading note here, but the lime and grapefruit offer bursts of zestiness that sit alongside this component and give this body conditioner a scent to want to get out of bed for. 

What makes Buck's Fizz even more spectacular is how well works, and how many different functions I have found that it caters for. First and foremost, it works as an excellent moisturiser. For those unfamiliar with how a body conditioner works, it's designed to function much like a body lotion - although for wet skin as opposed to dry. When in the shower, step outside of the running water and massage this conditioner across the areas that you wish to moisturise. Rinse your skin gently to remove any excess cream and then pat your skin down. What you'll be left with is a layer of butters and oils that will slowly get absorbed into your skin over the next 20 minutes and leave you with kissably-soft skin. 

Bucks Fizz made an immediate impression on me - leaving my skin noticeably softer, smoother and more supple. I could feel how replenished my entire body felt after using this, and the results this heeded stayed with me for the entire day. This is an amazing product to use if you suffer from parched skin because of the harsher weather outside: it will keep your skin's elasticity intact, banish dry areas and give your body a beautiful, radiant glow that will be very much appreciated in the colder months. 

As I've stated in other reviews, I like to double my body conditioners up as shaving creams. Applying a small amount across both legs will afford you a really close shave, without irritating the pores with your blade, and will leave you feeling super smooth afterwards. Furthermore, the inclusion of the excess butters and oils means that your skin will be fully lubricated before you shave yourself, which should hopefully prevent you from cutting yourself very easily - a fact that I appreciate during those three minute, early morning 'rushathons'. 

You need very little with each use: I found that an amount equating to that of a heaped dessertspoon will coat most of your body, so a 240g tub will easily last you 3-4 months, even if you're using it twice or three times a week. 

Finally, I have also experimented using this as deep facial moisturiser and find that it works to improve the condition of really weathered skin. I understand that the face is more sensitive than most of your body, and a lotion too viscous or too heavy could clog up the pores or irritate the complexion. However, I found that using the smallest amount across the face, once a week, helped my face to feel and look really plump and radiant. Even on the days when I looked and felt unbelievably tired, I found that Bucks Fizz brought a little life back into my skin and gave me the confidence to face the day ahead.
What is great about this seasonal conditioner is that the scent remains with you for a while after you've towelled yourself down, so the radiance of those fruity ingredients will keep you company during the morning commute. This is definitely a product that I would invest in again, and it makes for a perfect addition to the Bubbly family. Given the scent of this, I believe this will work equally - if not better - in the warmer months as well, which is why I plan on stocking up on a few tubs before the season is out. If you're looking for something to celebrate this season, make it Bucks Fizz Body Conditioner.

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Vine Leaf Infusion, Almond Oil, Fresh Pink Grapefruit Decoction, Orange Blossom Water, Organic Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Stearic Acid, Kalahari Melon Oil, Murumuru Butter, Perfume, Triethanolamine, Brazilian Orange Oil, Cognac Oil, Lime Oil, Fresh Orange Juice, Titanium Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Citronellol, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £8.95 for 100g, £16.95 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner




No comments

Post a Comment


UP