Recently

25 December 2013

Golden Wonder Ballistic





The Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic is one of those products that immediately makes an impression on you; it's unique design, with it's golden lustre finish and cream ribbon on top - making it a bath bomb that begs to be noticed. And notice it, you do. 

Lush describe it as 'a pass the parcel gift – each layer has something different to offer. This is not for a quick bath because it takes its time, this bath bomb. Its layers of golden lustre, dazzling colours and soluble gold stars are a wonder to behold.' It really is a feast for the senses!
For starters, it's huge - one of Lush's biggest bath bombs to date. This means that for the small price of £3.75, you're guaranteed to have one epic bathing experience, or two equally beautiful and exciting ones if you're less greedy with your ballistics. 

Designed to smell like an old Lush favourite, Snow Showers Shower Jelly, this ballistic contains a mixture of sweet orange oil, cognac oil and lime oil – a delicious citrusy concoction guaranteed to perk up anyone suffering from the winter blues. 

What's even more impressive is what happens when you pop this sexy bath bomb in the water: Immediately, the ballistic starts to fizz on the surface, spewing out creamy white and yellow froth that dissipates slowly throughout the water. As you watch with excitement, the ballistic opens up and begins to produce swirls of beautiful vivid blue (and a little purple) froth that spreads quickly across the tub. This ballistic also contains edible gold lustre and soluble paper stars, which gives the bath a magical sparkle whilst leaving no sparkly bits left to clean out of your bath afterwards.

The bath water felt silky-soft and gentle on your skin, and the scent, though slightly fainter than when the ballistic was unused, was still zesty and warming. This fragrance stayed throughout the entire bath and left a hint of citrus on the skin. As an added touch of sparkle, I noticed my skin was decorated with a subtle amount of golden lustre, which was a lovely finishing touch.  

To conclude, this is probably one of my favourite bath ballistics to date; it ticks every box I look for in a bath bomb, which includes: performance in the bath, design, scent and longevity. I'm glad I stocked up on these before the Christmas range finished and I would highly recommend that you do so to avoid disappointment when they're gone. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Sweet Orange Oil, Cognac Oil, Lime Oil, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Dipropylene Glycol, Gardenia Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, Colour 15510, Colour 45350, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Edible Golden Stars, Golden Lustre, Golden Lustre Spray.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £3.75 each.
2015 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £4.50 each.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner



10 comments

  1. Love this bath bomb!


    The scent is so refreshing! It smells like citrus but also has a soft vanilla scent as well.


    But I felt it just did not linger on my skin long enough!


    Your blog is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get over how BIG this bath bomb was when I first saw it & I love the beautiful mermaid water it creates after fizzing away. Definitely one of my favorites from the Christmas 2014 lineup :) Great reviews Jen, I do love your blog so much! Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to try it I'm going to get it from lush next weekend so excited...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in lush, one of the employees shook one and told me there are little presents in some of them! I had never heard anything about that but I wanted one anyway so I picked it up! Any idea what she was talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume it's the little golden stars that come out when it's in the tub? I've had a good 50-60 in my time, and none were any different from the rest!

      Delete
  7. A bit disappointing as it dissolved completely in little more than a minute. It did leave the water a beautiful colour and I liked the scent, but it was a bit of a let down compared with others I've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My recent purchases of this bath ballistic have been the same. Gone in a flash, faint scent, underwhelming.

      Delete
  8. I wasn't that keen on this bath bomb, the scent, or the colour, or the lack of time it took to fizz out. It was gone in 30 seconds apart from the wee bow on top which took a little more time to fizz away.

    ReplyDelete


UP