Recently

29 November 2014

The Enchanter Bath Bomb




'She left my life, mind, and imagination
We did nothing but, she’s my short-lived love
A creation that’s fake and tainted
Because I never had the time to see
We never had the time to be
And it’s a shame'

When I think of The Enchanter, I think of the above poem - a short excerpt about a man whose love for a woman is short-lived after she leaves him before their love is able to fully flourish. Although I recognise that it may seem a little extreme to start linking bath bombs to poems, it definitely sums up how I feel about this magical ballistic.

The Enchanter was first released during the winter months of 2012; a bath bomb specifically designed to coincide with Lush's Halloween range at the time, and one that already had a execution date the second it arrived. Sharing its scent with the extremely popular Calacas/Day Of The Dead fragrance, this bath bomb is a beauty inside and out. And while recent renditions have not been as vivid or as stunning to look at, they have still hit the spot in every way. When dropped into the tub, this ballistic immediately begins to spew vivid streams of red, orange and yellow foam. These quickly dissipate throughout the water and turn your bath into a bright-orange feast. Lush have added a surprise element to this bath bomb; a bright pink centre which releases even more waves of rich colour, making this bath wonderfully warming and very inviting. 

The best part about The Enchanter, is its smell. Made from a combination of neroli, lime and lemon oils, the bath bomb possesses a tart citrus scent. Unlike the shower jelly, shower gel or perfume, this ballistic has an almost sherberty element to it, which is no doubt due to the dry ingredients added to help create it's solid form. Furthermore, both lime and neroli essential oils are brilliant mood lifters, making you feel bright, cheerful and ready for anything. It's an incredibly uplifting and youthful fragrance.

When you submerge yourself in this bath, you instantly feel revived and refreshed; it's a wonderful experience. Additionally, the scent of the The Enchanter permeates your skin and stays with you and the bathroom for hours and hours. If you don't like strong-smelling bath products, I suggest you avoid this one.

The only bad factor that I feel I should warn you about, is that this bath bomb tends to stain the tub a little. You may discover that your tub will have a smear of murky orange around the outside after the water has been emptied. Although I would normally slate a product for this, I feel that The Enchanter is so perfect in every other way, that it's not enough to tarnish it's rating.

Unfortunately, I was only able to grab myself a couple of these before they were discontinued. For this reason, I have to use them scrupulously so that I can savour these marvels for as long as possible. If Lush were ever to bring these back, I can guarantee that I'd buy an entire batch, as I consider The Enchanter to be my all-time favourite bath bomb. I can only hope that Lush will one day see the error of their ways and bring this back.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lime Oil, Neroli Oil, Olibanum Oil, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 15510, Colour 45410, Colour 19140:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.25 each.

Scent Family:
Calacas Shower Gel
Calacas Shower Jelly
Calacas/Day of The Dead Perfume
Lady Catrina Soap
Man In The Moon Bubble Bar
Monsters' Ball Bath Bomb
Skullduggery Ballistic




2015 Version:


Old Version:

6 comments

  1. I was so sad they discontinued the Enchanter, I still have one left that I'm saving! Very nice review of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am gutted that this hasn't come back yet - I would buy the Kitchen out of their stock. I recently used up my last one and was gutted to find that it sunk to the bottom of the tub and wasn't as fresh as I was hoping. I really hope they make an appearance soon - I'm already having withdrawal symptoms :)

      Delete
    2. Are you willing to sell? My wife loves this bath bomb. If I can get it for her, it would make a great Christmas. If not, I understand.

      Delete
    3. Hi there - I really wish I could sell you some but unfortunately I don't have any to sell! I used my last one a couple of weeks ago :( I'd just recommend that you keep your eye out in the Lush Kitchen as I'm praying they bring them back soon :)

      Delete
  2. this is in the lush uk kitchen this week!! hope you get some more to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in the kitchen next week. I always have a look and on your blog for reviews before any kitchen purchases.

    ReplyDelete


UP