Recently

18 November 2014

Lullaby Solid Shampoo Bar


This bar couldn't have come around at a better time - a mere couple of weeks after one of my favourite artists, Professor Green, released a song with the same name. While some may see this as a bane on my existence, I love the fact that the song comes into my head each and every time I jump into the shower, and I cannot help but sing along while I wash my hair with this bar. 

Lullaby is one of six new solid shampoo bars from Lush, five of which are vegan, and all of which will be available later on this year in shops and online. While the company already boast an extensive range of solid and liquid hair-care, I am always on the look out for my next favourite product, so I was rather excited to try this one out. 

Although Lush don't advertise this, this particular shampoo bar smells almost identical to Dream Cream Body Lotion, Golden Slumber Bath Bomb and Dream Wash Shower Smoothie. A combination of lavender oil, chamomile oil and oat milk make this one of the most pleasant smelling shampoos to date, and hint at how gentle it will be on your hair. 

While the ingredients give Lullaby a very natural floral smell - one that is dominated by the lavender oil, the inclusion of jojoba and neroli oil means that this bar has a slightly sweet and malty element to it as well - one that reminds me a little of Twilight Shower Gel. While the likes of Montalbano and Jason And The Argan Oil engulfed my senses the second I opened the wrapper, this one was a little more reserved - a perfect product for those who like the less overpowering, more subtle fragrances. 

The mixture of chamomile oil, ground almonds and oat milk make this very gentle on the skin - soothing those dry, irritated areas of the scalp and helping to banish dandruff. While I am lucky in that I don't tend to get flaky patches, I did notice that my head felt much calmer and my hair was less frizzy after using this for a few days. This product is definitely aimed at those who want something calming and gentle to wash their hair with - perhaps those who have over-dyed their locks or are very sensitive to heavily-soapy shampoos.

This particular shampoo bar isn't as generous as Montalbano when it comes to creating a lather, but it is still a really easy one to use. Simply wet the bar and rub it between your hands, or massage it directly into your hair to create a light, fluffy and rather fragrant lather. The smell of this product remains poignant throughout the whole experience, although I should add that I was a little disappointed to discover that I couldn't detect the scent once I had left the bathroom.

What sets Lullaby apart from every other shampoo bar that I have tried is it's consistency. The combination of oils and oat milk make this bar a little crumbly, and I would be careful not to press too hard on it otherwise it will shatter into pieces. I found it a lot easier to store this in the lid of one of the metal shampoo tins, and so it didn't break up while I was using it, I actually left it in there when I was applying this to my head. Once you've begun using it in the shower, the water will dampen the bar and prevent it from disintegrating while in use, but it definitely showcases a different consistency from any other solid shampoo so just be aware not to be too aggressive when using this. 

After using this for the last 8-10 days, my hair dye has not faded at all, and if anything, I've noticed that my hair seems slightly tamer than usual. While I wouldn't describe it as being particularly flat, the annoying frizzy strands that normally rest by my forehead, have not made an appearance since using this shampoo and my hair seems slightly calmer and more manageable. 

Lullaby cleans your hair wonderfully, without stripping it of colour or natural lubricant and leaves it feeling silky-soft, gentle and well-nourished. A bar would easily last you 3-4 months with daily use, making it incredible value for money, and this can even be used on young children because of how gentle it is on the skin and hair, making it a great product for the whole family. This is definitely one I will buy again and I cannot wait until it becomes a permanent fixture in the Lush shops and online. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oat Milk, Ground Almonds, Organic Jojoba Oil, Perfume, French Lavender Oil, Roman Chamomile Oil, Lavender Absolute, Neroli Oil, Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.75.


12 comments

  1. Great review as always! This is on top of my list that I wanna try when it was out in the Kitchen. Now I just cant wait to grab my hand on this when it is finally available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this one! Do you know when it'll be avaliable in the UK and US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the official dates I'm afraid, but it will be sometime in the next 2-3 months. I've heard some say that the new products are coming out in February next year, but judging on the how long it took the last lot of pre-releases to come out, I would assume December or January time.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing. So looking forward to trying it!!! Outstanding review as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm just wondering how you have this product as I cannot find it online or in the store

    thanks for your help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - Lush released all 6 of their solid shampoo bars in the Kitchen about 4-5 weeks ago. They were released as a pre-release so people could get a taste of what they were like before they were made available officially :) They should be available for normal purchase within the next couple of months :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh I see, thanks again for your help, can't wait to try the new shampoo bars! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are now available! Can't wait to get my hand on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Ave Kristin... I want them all but I'm trying to refrain from ordering them all at once ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put a chopstick through the side and then when im done washing my hair i pop the chopstick onto the hole i made earlier and leave it ina mug to dry

    ReplyDelete


UP