Recently

29 November 2014

Butterball Bath Bomb



As I've mentioned in previous reviews, I'm not one of those people that has an obsession with the Butterball fragrance. Much like Karma, Comforter and Calacas, the Butterball scent is one of Lush's most popular scent families, and inspires quite a following. At the risk of repeating myself, I find the smell of cocoa butter to be an over-used scent in cosmetics, and after using cheap alternatives for years, the smell doesn't insight anything other than a slight shrug from myself. However, as the colder months begin to close in around us, I need something to nourish and hydrate my skin, and Butterball Ballistic is just the person for the job. 

Containing only seven ingredients, it appears to be one of the most natural bath bombs available on the market. Free of gimmicks, colouring and bathtub decorations, this product has only one role - to replenish the natural oils of your skin and leave you looking and feeling beautiful. Cocoa Butter is the key ingredient here - helping to moisturise and soften the skin, whilst the musk works with the butter to create a wonderfully creamy, vanillary-toffee scent. Finally, Ylang ylang has been used to relax your mind and your nervous system, relieving you of any stresses and tensions you may have been harvesting. 

When this bath bomb hits the water, it immediately begins to fizz, albeit rather loudly, releasing a stream of white foam throughout the water. Seconds later, little beads of what looks like oil, begin to seep from the bath bomb, most of which float on the surface, but some of which tend to spread out and rest against the edge of the tub. I found out, after some research, that these beads of gold are the cocoa butter, which has been included to soften the bath water and moisturise your skin whilst you're relaxing. 

Lush say that if you have 'dry, sensitive or irritated skin, this is the bath bomb to replenish it.' I couldn't agree more. On entering the bath tub, you can immediately feel the buttery goodness which makes your skin feel velvety soft almost instantly. The beads of cocoa butter dissolve into the water and settle onto your skin, creating an oily layer that coats you and softens your body wonderfully. 

As Butterball is one of Lush's smallest ballistics, it takes less than a minute to fully dissolve and leaves the water a cloudy white colour. As I mentioned above, this product has been designed to moisturise and soften your skin. So if you're looking for a 'show' in the bathroom, you may wish to use a second ballistic alongside this one to get the best of both worlds.

This ballistic really moisturised my skin and I found that I didn't have to use my normal body lotion afterwards. In fact, my skin stayed beautifully silky-smooth throughout the entire day and I might have even been able to stretch this out for a second day. After towelling myself down, I found that my skin retained a gorgeous vanillary smell that was comforting and made me feel extremely sexy. 
Overall, it's not one of my favourite ballistics, but it is a great addition to add to your tub, especially when your skin needs that little bit extra TLC. Despite normally disliking products that smell of cocoa butter, Butterball has a better quality of smell to it, and for this reason, I will definitely be buying this one again.

Quantitatives Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cocoa Butter, Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang Oil, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2.75 each.

Scent Family:
Angel Hair Solid Shampoo Bar
Butterball Bath Bomb
Butterball Body Conditioner
Butterball Body Lotion
Butterball Liquid Perfume
Butterball Perfume Oil
Butterball Shower Gel
Butterbear Bath Ballistic
Butterbear Shower Jelly
The Ex Factor Bath Bomb
Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo
Peace Pioneers Shower Oil

The Snowman Ballistic





5 comments

  1. is handmade boat, right? How long they have beên? What is the best way of preserving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved to use the Butterball for bath. However, I gave up from using the soap because of the reaction and easy to vanish. I would like to how to prevent the bath soap to keep it usable for a long time? Using a normal soap container is enough for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the information about your services. Go for us if you want to buy all-natural, organic products with no nasties or cheap fillers from a grass-roots company born in the USA.

    Natural bath bombs in USA
    Strawberry Bath Bomb
    Round Pink Sugar Bath Bomb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blogs that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.Bath bomb boxes

    ReplyDelete


UP