Recently

24 September 2014

Tuca Tuca Liquid Perfume


Tuca Tuca was one of the many perfumes that I brought on a whim one day, having spent a good couple of hours browsing on the Lush site, unable to make up my mind over what I wanted to order. It was during a time when the winter was closing in very quickly, and my body ached for something warming and soothing; this perfume seemed to fit my mood at the time, and I invested in a large bottle of it to keep me company.

Initially, I wasn't bowled over by the scent that greeted me inside the bottle. Lush describe it as 'whimsical; it teases with a fantasy violet accord and works its way into your subconscious. As it settles, you get hints of jasmine and vanilla, too'. 

This didn't sound anything like the fragrance that hit my senses upon removing the lid. To me, the smell I picked up was one not unlike the earthy scent of Tramp Shower Gel; a gentle woodiness with a slight hint of powdery vanilla sweetness. I wasn't particularly impressed. However, once I began using the perfume regularly, as with most Lush perfumes, the scent revealed a new side to it when applied to my skin. 

Made from a combination of cassie, vanilla, sandalwood, vetivert, violet leaf and ylang ylang, Tuca Tuca is a sensual, sweet and flirty fragrance dominated by vanilla and violet elements. At the forefront of it's scent, is the powdery and slightly earthy violet notes, which come from the addition of cassie absolute. Intertwined with this is the beautiful, delicate and warm vanilla and ylang ylang undertones, both of which help to pad-out the overall scent without making it too overpowering. The sandalwood and vetivert notes sit nicely at the bottom of the scent, giving the fragrance it's overall rich and floral tendencies. 

Tuca Tuca really smells like the parma violet sweets I used to eat as a child, although I'd be selling the fragrance short if I said this was all the perfume smelt like; it's definitely far more sophisticated than this. The scent is not only strong but also incredibly long lasting. On the occasions I have worn this, I have noted smelling it on my skin some 8 hours after initial application, which means it has one of the longest staying powders for Lush perfumes.

Although I wouldn't say this is one of my favourite Lush perfumes, it's one that I'd recommend to people who like the smell of violets or more unique floral fragrances. This definitely makes an interesting change from all of the rose-dominating perfumes from Lush, of which there are many. This is a fun, sexy and long lasting perfume that I'll buy again when I used up my current bottle.

Quantative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Methyl Ionone, Cassie Absolute, Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Vetivert Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £30 for 30ml.

Scent Family:
Tuca Tuca Candle
Tuca Tuca Liquid Perfume
Tuca Tuca Massage Bar
Tuca Tuca Solid Perfume

4 comments

  1. I love reading your blog! I'm sad they decided to discontinue this and so many other perfumes :(
    -Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Cara - I really wish we had been given prior warning about the discontinuation so I could have brought another bottle or two! I'm down to a sample-size bottle now and that's all I have left. I do expect it will be coming back soon though :)

      Delete
  2. Did you hear that Oxford Street is carrying Tuca Tuca for the month of December?? I lucked out and have a friend studying abroad in London who has been itching for an excuse to enter the store! The new packaging for the perfumes is GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish they'd bring this out in the Kitchen :( I hate living in the sticks and would love a bottle of this or two.

    ReplyDelete


UP