Recently

4 April 2014

Violet Nights Bath Oil


When Lush announced that this would be one of the first products to come out of their new 'Lush Kitchen' initiative, I was not at all surprised. I have had countless conversations, both off and online, with Lushies who salivate over the very mention of it's name. As it hasn't been released for a very long time, I've never been able to get my hands on any...until now.

Violet Nights Bath Oil is quite a unique product within the Lush range as it's not very often that you find them creating and selling bath oils, especially not in recent years. Normally, I rely on my bath melts to condition and moisturise my skin, so I was rather excited to see how this compared to that of my favourite melt, You've Been Mangoed

Firstly, this product works out at being exceptional value for money. I was initially unsure whether I could justify spending £13.95 on a 250g bottle of, in it's simplest terms, oil. However, after using it in the bath this evening, I realised just how many uses you could get out of a single bottle. 
As I was unsure how much to use, I experimented a little and ended up adding in the equivalent of one and a half dessertspoon's worth. Obviously, how much you decide to use will be dependant on how strong you'd want the fragrance to be. The instructions stated that it works best when added into the bath under the running water, so this is what I did, pouring it carefully onto a spoon and letting it run off into the tub. Immediately, bubbles began to form and the beautiful smell of violets filled the bathroom. This was the perfect amount for me, and looking at the bottle, I barely even scratched the surface. I'd say that this bottle will last me upwards of twenty baths, making it far better value than the solid bath melts.

Secondly, being able to control how much you add to your bath is a great way of ensuring that you get exactly what you want out of the product. There might be days when I feel the need to double up the dosage, and I have the option of being able to do this without having to buy any other products to top up my bath. 
Violet Nights' best trait is its smell; a beautiful rich and creamy violet aroma - one that smells exactly like Parma Violets. Although I love the smell of Daddy-O and can definitely smell the popular candy in it's fragrance, this bath oil is far sweeter and more sugary smelling. The addition of vanilla absolute adds that rich, comforting note and the ylang ylang oil helps to combine the scents together, adding a very subtle floral scent that nestles into the overall fragrance. 

Once in the bath, the oils began to moisturise and condition my body, and it wasn't long before I could feel the difference that it was making to my skin. When I got out of the bath, my skin felt beautifully soft and silky, and there were elements of the fragrance lingering gently on my skin. Not only this, but both my feet seemed wonderfully nourished and velvety soft. I believe if I was to use this product regularly, I would notice a large reduction in the dry patches that I often get in these places. 

Ultimately, Violet Nights is a luxurious treat that'll moisturise your body, relax your mind and leave you looking, feeling and smelling beautiful. And if this isn't enough, you could combine this with a bath bomb or bubble bar so you get the luxury of conditioning your skin, whilst enjoying the scent and/or colour of a ballistic as well. I'm so glad that Lush have chosen to bring this out and I look forward to sharing my next bath with this gorgeous product. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Soya Oil, Laureth 4, Perfume, Cassie Absolute, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Vetivert Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Methyl,  Ionone, Citronellol, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 60725, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £14.25 for 245g.

Scent Family:
Tuca Tuca Candle
Tuca Tuca Liquid Perfume
Tuca Tuca Massage Bar
Tuca Tuca Solid Perfume



8 comments

  1. Thank you SO much for doing reviews on the Lush Kitchen products :D
    I wish we had the same concept in South Africa :(

    Would you be reviewing Granny Takes a Dip?

    Great review, Jen!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naeemah, thank you for your kind words. Yes, I will be doing a review on all of Lush's new stuff, including Granny Takes a Dip. I order everything on the day it's released and tend to review it the day after I receive it. I'm expecting 'Granny' either tomorrow or Monday so the review should be up in a matter of days :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This was very helpful! I wish they had a LUSH kitchen in the US! Or at least Canada. :) also your review helped me decide to try this product. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help and I hope you enjoyed Violet Nights as much as I have. I believe they're looking to bring a Lush Kitchen over to you guys over the next few months/year so keep your eyes and ears peeled.

      Delete
  4. A regular helping of this with a Magic and Guardian of the Forest! Smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is in the kitchen today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had Violet Nights bath oil originally from Cosmetics To Go, so had to order it again just to see if it was as good as I remember it. It was O.K., but I think it is not as strongly perfumed as I remember, it used to perfume the whole house. I wish Lush would bring back more old C.T.G. products, they did a champagne bath bomb which was lovely.

    ReplyDelete


UP