Recently

29 April 2015

Don't Rain On My Parade Shower Gel


I have been saying for years that I would love it if Lush brought out a violet-scented shower gel. As it's a fragrance that the company tend to do really well, I had no qualms about what scent family they chose to replicate - just that they had to rectify the situation quickly so I didn't keep having to sniff my fast diminishing bottle of Violet Nights every time I felt the craving coming on. 

When I initially picked up a bottle of Don't Rain On My Parade Shower Gel at the weekend, I had no idea what to expect, and didn't even find out what it smelled like until I was safely home - my back contorted and my wallet crying from the extensive spending spree I had just put myself through. 

Discovering that this shower gel was violet scented was probably one of the highlights of my day; discovering that it was specifically Violet Nights scented sent me into a spiral of happiness, and I may have had a jig or two about the place while my flatmates looked on with pity. 
Lush state that this shower gel contains violet leaf and vanilla infusion - a collaboration that gives this beautiful shower gel a really creamy, sweet floral fragrance. While the scent is completely different, this shower gel reminded me a little of Twilight as it shares that same sugary, malty goodness that cements it as one of my favourite products from Lush. 

DROMR also features fresh blueberry juice - a natural ingredient that is really great for your skin. Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, not to mention the many antioxidants that the fruit is notorious for, this ingredient helps to protect and rejuvenate your skin - repairing dry and sun-damaged pores, softening and moisturising your body and giving you a gorgeous natural glow that will see you through those harsher months.  
To finish off, this shower gel also contains both sandalwood and vetivert oil, both of which add a little complexity to the scent so it has a slight earthy, woody element to it as well. Together, these ingredients create a thick, velvety-smelling violet scent that is out of this world. It bridges that gap between the floral and creamier smells, and it does it perfectly. 

Out of the bottle, this shower gel showcases an interesting shade of turquoise and has a similar consistency to the likes of Ponche and Hot Toddy. As with both of these shower gels, I was expecting the thickness of this one to mean that it wouldn't lather as well as the thinner variations that Lush offer. However, I was very much mistaken. 
This shower gel lathers up perfectly - creating a thick, creamy and very hydrating lather that spreads across the skin with ease. In fact, as it's so generous with how much foam it creates, you need very little with each use. For this reason, I can see this 500g bottle lasting me a good six months - that's not to say that I won't be stock-piling the product however. 

What impressed me even more was how strong the product was and how much of an impression it left on my skin after I had exited the shower. I could still smell this some six hours after I had left the bathroom and it was really comforting to detect the scent on my pillow the next morning as well. 

To put it simply, I am wholeheartedly in love with this shower gel and it could not have come soon enough. If you're still undecided about whether you need a violet-scented shower companion in your life, I suggest you take the plunge and acquire a bottle of this as soon as you can. You won't regret it. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Violet Leaf and Vanilla Infusion (Viola odorata; Vanilla planifolia), Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Blueberry Juice (Vaccinium myrtillus), Perfume, Lactic Acide, Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Vetivert Oil (vetiveria zizanoides), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), cinnamal, limonene, Linalool, Colour 42053, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £4.75 for 100g, £9.50 for 250g, £15.95 for 500g, £27.50 for 1kg

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family: 
Don't Rain On My Parade Shower Gel
Tuca Tuca Candle
Tuca Tuca Liquid Perfume
Tuca Tuca Massage Bar
Tuca Tuca Solid Perfume

15 comments

  1. This sounds just wonderful! I love the way you describe the scent. If this ever makes it to NZ, I would definitely buy it��In saying that I would probably buy nearly all the new Oxford St stuff plus the Kitchen exclusives!!!!! Bec #bringthenewlushproductstoNZ please X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. Should have added this to my order. It really sounds so good! I've never smelled twilight and this sounds so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. No. I am ruined...may as well file for bankruptsy now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. No. I am ruined...may as well file for bankruptsy now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...
    Now you are making me want all this bottle of shower gel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not even really a fan of violet scents, and I still want this just for the name! I love all the musical names!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this is the surprise Kitchen item on Friday for those of us in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this is the surprise Kitchen item on Friday for those of us in the States!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily most Ebay users stock pile and then re sell a few weeks after the product is released. Best way to get kitchen products if you live in the states :)

      Delete
  9. going to set my first alarm ever for the kitchen to snag this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Managed to grab one just before it sold out, only got it because of your wonderful review. You are turning into my go-to before buying any new Lush products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really hope you love it when it arrives - let me know :)

      Delete
  11. On paper this sounds like the perfect product for me, all the ingredients are scents I love!! However when I FINALLY got into the Oxford St store earlier this week, I didn't really think much to it and walked away without it :( after re - reading your review though I think that when/if the products go online I might get a 100g bottle to try at home. I think sometimes when you are in store scents can be tainted by all the other products and smells around them. There are several things I bought that smell different in my house than when I was in store! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad I bought this product! People have noticing the scent on me and even 12 hours after showering with it I can still smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Webmaster,

    Please remove my comment from this blog.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete


UP