Recently

3 July 2014

Potion Body Lotion


I first brought this body lotion back when I started collecting Lush goodies in 2012. At the time, I tended to bulk buy a lot of products in one go, and Potion happened to be in one of my first orders. Unfortunately, at the same time as buying Potion, I also bought Karma Kream and Sympathy For The Skin, which meant that this lotion was not at the top of my 'to try' list. Fast forward almost two years, and I finally get around to using one of the bottles; I was immediately bowled over. 

Potion is one of Lush's lighter body lotions, very similar in consistency to the likes of Artemis Cream and Vanilla Dee-Lite. Made using a combination of almond oil and cocoa butter, this product is absorbed into the skin very quickly, leaving it ultra smooth and not greasy in the slightest.

It's wonderful scent is made from a combination of carnations, roses and tangerines; a rich and sensual floral fragrance with just a sprinkling of sweetness from those fruit juices. This is definitely not your typical floral smell, which is probably why I fell in love with it almost instantaneously. It's unique scent is definitely a modern smell, but it does feature sultry elements, making it appealing to both the younger and older markets. 

The main ingredient in Potion is fresh rose petals, and this is definitely at the forefront of it's scent. Rose is a wonderful ingredient for calming sensitive and irritated skin, and also works as a fantastic coolant for those who've spent a little too long in the sun. Almond oil is the another key ingredient here, and you can definitely pick up the nuttiness of it's scent; a perfect complimentary smell to the carnations.
What I love about Potion, is that it's beautiful fragrance stays on your skin for hours and hours after application, meaning that on days when I use this, I don't have to use any perfume. On the downside, people who dislike potent-smelling cosmetics, may find this a little strong. 

The only other negative aspect about this product, is that it's sold in bottles, not in Lush's usual black tubs. Normally I wouldn't care how a product is presented, I'm more interested in how it works. However, I found it a little difficult to get this lotion out of the bottle without leaving it resting upside down, or shaking it rigorously for a matter of seconds. There is no reason why Potion couldn't be transferred into a tub next time around, and I hope that Lush take this into consideration. 

Although this body lotion shares it's scent with Ruby Red Slippers, I think the scent in Potion is much lighter and far more beautiful than it is in the bubble bar. Furthermore, you don't have to worry about covering yourself in red lustre,  which you would have had to do if you'd used the bubble bar.

This is a wonderfully sophisticated, modern-smelling and highly moisturising body lotion, one that you can rely on to refreshen and soften you skin almost immediately. Despite not being bowled over by most floral smells, this body lotion offers a unique and very modern scented lotion that I hope makes a reappearance very soon.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Rose Petal Infusion, Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Fresh Tangerines, Rose Absolute, Carnation Absolute, Tangerine Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £10.50 for 250g.
2017 Price: £10.95 for 250g. 

Scent Family:
Almond Kisses Facial Moisturiser 
Holiday Bubble Bar
Potion Body Lotion
Potion Liquid Perfume
Ruby Red Slippers Bubble Bar
Santa Monica Ballistic 
Sparkling Red Slippers Bubble Bar


7 comments

  1. I'm pretty sure it is still up for sale at Retro US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is up in the Kitchen right now and I ordered two bottles but now reading your reviews I'm wondering if I should order more while it's still available! I'm looking for a new lotion to fall in love with because I cannot find anymore Celebrate anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got mine in (yay international shipping). It is amazing! I love the way it smells and feels on my skin. I wish I had bought more than one bottle, but I know that this will last a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it! It was one I didn't think I'd like as much as it turns out I do! And it really does last a long time - I've been using mine for a month now and its not even halfway!

      Delete
  4. I was pleasantly surprised the way it feels on face skin. I guess it can be used successfully on dry or sensitive face skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased 3 bottles and they are wonderful BUT the most powerful smell that I smell is CLOVE, not even close to the smell of the ruby red slippers..sad...

    ReplyDelete


UP