Recently

5 February 2013

Sympathy For The Skin Body Lotion


Sympathy for the Skin is by far one of Lush's cheapest body lotions, but that by no means makes it one of their least effective. In fact, since I blindly invested in one of their large pots, going by smell alone, it has become one of the staples of my daily routine. 

Made with fresh bananas, almond oil, vanilla, fair trade cocoa oil and lemon oil, amongst other beneficial ingredients, Sympathy for the Skin body cream is a real treat for your skin. At first I was a little worried, as the texture is rather thick, something which I expected, given that the main ingredient is banana. However, this body lotion does wonders for my skin and doesn't feel at all heavy.

When I initially applied this lotion to my legs, I used rather a lot and found that it can make your skin feel quite oily. However, used in small doses, it sinks into the skin nicely and makes your skin feel radiant and refreshed, with a gorgeous sheen to boot. You can see the dark vanilla flecks in this lotion, which no doubt help to retain that gorgeous vanilla scent.

I use this mainly as a face moisturiser when I first step out of the shower for my 6am starts, and using it every morning has really helped to clear my skin of blemishes and stop my face from developing nasty dry areas during the winter months. The body cream leaves your skin super soft and moisturised, and the Sandalwood helps to tone and strengthen your skin. 

I use very little of this, as you can see from the picture below, so a 240g tub easily lasts me 6 months to a year. However, this body lotion is definitely worth the money, and will remain one of my staple Lush products for the near future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Vanilla Pod Infusion, Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Organic Bananas, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Sandalwood Oil, Lemon Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

Price: £11.75 for 240g.

1 comment

  1. Omg I LOVE this product!!! I got it about a week and a half or so ago, and I cannot get enough of it. If I can make my way to Lush tomorrow I am getting another pot of this wonder. :D

    ReplyDelete


UP