Recently

5 May 2013

Vanilla Dee-Lite Lotion


There are two types of cosmetic smells that I cannot stand; the smell of cocoa butter and the smell of vanilla. I couldn't tell you the number of times I have been given gift sets from family and friends, which contain some sort of lotion or shower gel with either of those two smells present. Each and every time, these lotions give off the plastic, sickly-sweet smell of synthetic ingredients, harvested from multiple chemicals having-been mixed together and pumped full of additives to extend their shelf life. Yuck!

So when I noticed that Lush were offering a vanilla body lotion, I wasn't overly keen to try it out. However, I was lucky enough to try out a Vanilla Fountain bath bomb before they were discontinued, and after falling in love with the natural vanilla scent that permeated my bath, I just knew that Vanilla Dee-Lite was something different from the usual hum drum. 

The vanilla scent in this lotion is a natural-smelling, mellow, subtle scent that doesn't contain any of the nasty fake tones that you would normally get with high street equivalents. It also contains a hint of jasmine which gives it a mildly sophisticated and slightly more mature infusion, without masking the natural smells of the ingredients. 
Spring water, hibiscus infusion and coconut water are combined with extra virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, illipe butter and tamanu oil, to give you a sultry, smoky lotion that glides across your body with ease. The combination of this and the fresh kiwi fruit, which is packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, help to soften pores and dissolve dead skin.

This really is a feast for the skin! It's a light lotion that sinks into your pores immediately and leaves no oily residue behind. The fragrance is long lasting; I found I was still getting bursts of the scent all- throughout the day, and received some wonderful compliments whilst wearing this product.
This is my second favourite body lotion after Karma Kream, and one that I hope they'll continue to sell for a long time coming. If, like me, you are fed up of the manufactured vanilla scent, this will bowl your heart over and become a staple in your beauty regime. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Hibiscus Infusion, Spring Water, Pure Organic Coconut Water, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Stearic Acid, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Kiwi Fruit, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Illipe Butter, Vanilla Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Tonka Absolute, Organic Tamanu Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coumarin, *Hydroxycitronellal, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £12.95 for 250g. 

Scent Family:
Heavanilli Massage Bar
Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion
Vanilla Fountain Ballistic
Vanilla Puff Dusting Powder
Vanillary Liquid Perfume
Vanillary Solid Perfume

6 comments

  1. i love this scent! i also like it with american cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I got this when it was still out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a seasonal product? Along with the Vanilla Puff Powder, it doesn't seem to be on the Canadian website right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was discontinued back in July!

      Delete
    2. It will be back in the shops in Europe this year? I hope so, because it's the best Body Lotion for me since six years!! I was very upset, that I couldn't buy it anymore in the shop.

      Delete
    3. How do you know?

      Delete


UP