Recently

23 January 2014

Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)



Melting Snowman Bath Melt first made it's appearance during the Christmas 2012 range, boasting to be not only the cutest product in the Christmas selection, but also the cheapest as well. For this reason, I wasn't expecting to be overly impressed by what it could offer me. I was about to be proved wrong.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a 'bath melt' is, Lush have coined this term as meaning a product which is used in the bath, that does not create bubbles or give you a show with different colours, glitter and so on. Renowned for their moisturising properties, bath melts create a layer on the top of your bath water which helps to soften and smooth the skin, as well as releasing oils and fragrances to make your bath more relaxing. Often people will use one alongside a bath bomb to get both a colourful and moisturising experience. However, some bath melts can be used on their own with equally good results. Melting Snowman is one such product...

Lush describe the bath melt as an 'exquisitely fragranced' product 'with a spicy, warming, hot toddy fragrance to banish winter chills. Turn on your bath taps, put the plug in and fill up your tub with warm water before dropping in your cinnamon, clove and lime snowman on a hot summer's day!'

Melting Snowman possesses the same scent as both Snowcake Soap and Hot Toddy Bubble Bar, depending on how old the product is. In 2012, Lush switched the scent of the bath melt to that of the Hot Toddy fragrance; something perhaps spurred on by the popularity of the scent. Although it doesn't make me love this melt any less, it is a shame that there is one less Snowcake-scented product to enjoy. 

I found that Melting Snowman contains a spicy, fruity scent that has elements of both Glogg Shower Gel and Hot Toddy. Initially, you can smell cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon here. However, almost as soon as you detect the spiciness, you experience the orange, vanilla and rich fruits that intertwine themselves wonderfully with the cloves. 

This product was super easy to use; I simply dropped it into the bath, under the running tap, and the bath melt began to dissolve wonderfully by itself. Although it does take a little while to fully dissolve, you can get into the bath while it's working it's magic and enjoy the softness of the water straight away.

The only aspect of this bath melt that I didn't enjoy were the addition of the dairy-free chocolate chips for it's eyes and decoration. Once in the water, these little pieces melted very quickly. But rather than dissolve into the water, they instead left sticky marks on both my skin and the bath tub. I had to spend a good 5 minutes trying to scoop the 'gloops' of chocolate out before I could really relax.

Melting Snowman turned the water a cloudy white colour, which seemed boring when compared with the show that other Lush bath bombs put on. However, the bath melt was a hit for me. Containing both cocoa butter and shea butter, Melting Snowman made the bath water incredibly moisturising and left my skin looking radiant and feeling silky smooth and soft. 
Overall, I was really impressed with the results. For a product so cheap, I really felt that this was going to be one I tried and never went back to. As it happens, I would consider this to be amongst my favourite bath products ever. The scent stayed with my for a long time after I got out of the bath, and I didn't feel as if I needed to moisturise my skin afterwards, as the bath melt really goes to town on healing and softening your skin. 

This is now a staple in my house, and I tend to bulk buy at Christmas so I have enough to last me throughout the entire year. I dread the year that Lush choose not to bring this back as I don't think I could live through a Christmas without Melting Snowman being there to comfort me.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Icing Sugar, Citric Acid, Cocoa Butter, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Shea Butter, Benzoin Resinoid, Rose Absolute, Cassie Absolute, Dairy Free Chocolate Drops, *Benzyl Benzoate.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £2.45 each.
2016 Price: £2.75 each.

Scent Family:
Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar
Holly Golightly Bubble Bar (Christmas 2014)
Hot Toddy Bubble Bar
Hot Toddy Shower Gel (Christmas 2014)
Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)






3 comments

  1. They changed the scent between years :-) The first year was snowcake scented but then then changed it and it's been hot toddy scented at subsequent Christmas releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they really bringing this one back this year?I must have missed it on the list.I hope they do :))

    ReplyDelete


UP