Recently

16 December 2014

Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar



Sometimes Lush release a product that makes a real impression, only for the item to be pulled from the shelves and never seen again. I recognise that brand new releases are always under a lot of scrutiny to do well during their initial release - why would any company choose to resurrect an item if it sold poorly the first time around? However, I cannot see how this particular bubble bar did not do well when it was available. 

Released as a limited edition seasonal product some eight years ago, Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar only made itself known for two consecutive years before disappearing forever in the Lush archives. Sharing it's scent with Hot Toddy, this bar was released a few years after it's older brother. However, it seems that consumers preferred the original design and by 2007, the Christmas Kisses format was history. Hot Toddy has been released many times over the last few years, appearing as a limited edition retro item most winters and seemingly selling very well. Despite sharing the same scent, there was something about the design and scent of CK that seemed to bode better with me.   

Shaped a little like a Hershey Kiss, this bath beauty sports a wonderful bright red coat - a colour that it displays further in the bath, when the bubble bar transforms the water into a stunning shade of red. What can be more Christmassy than this? 
Featuring a combination of clove leaf, patchouli, lime and orange oil, this bubble bar gives off a strong, warming spicy scent with uplifting zesty citrus notes. Lush describe it as possessing a 'spicy orange Coca Cola' fragrance and this does well at describing it's overall aroma in it's simplest form. However, I feel that Christmas Kisses has many layers to it's scent and it's difficult to appreciate this without trying one for yourself. 

Although it shares it's scent with Hot Toddy, it does differ quite a bit when it comes to the ingredients list. Whereas the former includes a range of fruit peels and seems to leave out the addition of patchouli oil, the addition of these extra oils means that Christmas Kisses is a much better companion in the bath. 

Upon getting into the tub, I noticed that the water was beautifully silky soft and this immediately rubs off onto your skin. I only had to submerge myself for a few minutes to notice how moisturising the bath water was, and when I exited the tub some forty minutes later, my body felt like silk. The mountain of bubbles were equally conditioning and I actually used these to clean myself with as opposed to a shower gel.
As you can see from my video, I chose to use the whole bar, which I simply crumbled under the running tap and left it to work it's magic. However, this bar could easily be used for two or three baths, all of which would heed an amazing experience with surplus amounts of bubbles and a strong, comforting smell. 

As most people around the colder months need, Christmas Kisses brings you back to life - lifting your tired spirits and revitalising dry, weathered skin. The strong colour of the water, which remains vibrant throughout the entire experience, only helps to warm you that much more as well as bringing some colour into those dull, dark evenings. 

After my bath, my skin felt wonderfully soft and I found that the scent lingered on my skin and around the house for hours after use. Furthermore, I didn't have to moisturise after my experience and the softness remained for the most part of the following day as well. 

I am so glad that Lush are bringing these back as I prefer them far more than Hot Toddy. It's one I'd definitely one I'll stock up on each and every time Lush release them again. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Clove Leaf Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), Cinnamon Leaf Oil, (Cinnamomum cassia), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 14700, Cinnamon Quill (Cinnamomum cassia).

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.50 for 100g.

Scent Family:
Christmas Kisses Bubble Bar
Holly Golightly Bubble Bar (Christmas 2014)
Hot Toddy Bubble Bar
Hot Toddy Shower Gel (Christmas 2014)
Melting Snowman Bath Melt (New)



3 comments

  1. Lush Australia is releasing these, along with a few other Christmas themed products on Monday! Super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Australia is releasing these for 2015 Christmas in July, do you think the rest of the world will get to enjoy it come Christmas time OR is it a limited edition treat for just AU? Same goes for Eggsnog!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for the latter - I could really do with some more Eggsnog! I don't think Christmas Kisses or the lip balm will be part of the Xmas range but I would imagine both of them making an appearance in the kitchen around that time! Let's hope anyway!

      Delete


UP