Recently

13 February 2018

The Jester Reusable Bubble Bar




It's slightly disconcerting that it's taken me over a year to release that I have not reviewed this (new to 2016) Christmas product yet. In fact, this is one of the first products that I used when I received my haul in the post, back in September 2016. My standards are slipping, clearly.

The Jester Reusable Bubble Bar was not only fun to look at but had an incredible scent to boot. Sharing its fragrance with one of my favourite bubble bars, The Brightside, this limited edition offered a playful variation of the popular bestseller, for those looking at interesting and rather beautiful smelling stocking fillers for their loved ones.


Made using a combination of mandarin and tangerine oils, this limited edition offers a bright, refreshing, citrusy smell. For those who struggle to get out of bed during the colder months of the year, this wonderful fruity fragrance will wake you up gentle and caress you into being ready for the day ahead. The notes of orange and mandarin are beautifully paired together here and smell slightly like a bag of fruity sherbet, which is wonderful.

As with all reusable bubble bars, I found that this one wasn't as moisturising as a regular bubble bar - neither was it as colourful. The Jester produced a combination of yellow, red and pink under the running water, which combined together to create a pale orange colour in the tub. Given that The Brightside is so vibrant in the water, this seasonal release paled quite significantly in comparison.

While I could feel that the water felt mildly softer when I submerged myself underneath it, I didn't find that my skin reacted as positively as it would do for a regular bubble bar. Not only did the scent not linger on my skin at all after towelling myself down, but I needed to moisturise afterwards to soften my skin for the day ahead. While my body didn't feel parched or dry after getting out of the water, I didn't feel like the oils did anything to smoothen or replenish my skin. 

As I always say, when it comes to reusable bubble bars, I find that they are much more useful when paired with a bath bomb or bath melt. The colours produced are always far weaker than a regular bubble bar, as is the smell, so The Jester would go nicely with a fruity, citrusy bath bomb.
On the positive side, this limited edition produced a generous amount of bubbles and they stayed present for a good part of the experience. Furthermore, the smell didn't fade as quickly as they normally do with most reusable bubble bars, and therefore I was able to appreciate this wonderful smell for far longer than I envisaged I would.

For those who wish to conserve their money as much as they can with Lush, this bubble bar can be used across 3-4 baths if you're only using The Jester by itself, or can be stretched even further if you're pairing this with another product alongside it. Having said this, I would still suggest that investing in The Brightside Bubble Bar would be a better choice.

Overall, I see this product as being no more than a novelty release - made for those looking for interesting stocking fillers for their loved ones. It's definitely cute to look at and children will find him simply adorable. However, The Brightside Bubble Bar is already superior in my eyes, and I'd much rather grab one of those next time. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Tangerine Oil, Sicilian Mandarin Oil, Bergamot Oil, *Citral, *Linalool, Colour 47005, Colour 14700, Colour 45410. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016.

Scent Family:
Brightside Body Lotion
Brightside Bubble Bar
Brightside Solid Perfume
Here Comes The Sun Naked Shower Cream
The Jester Reusable Bubble Bar

Sunrise Soap


No comments

Post a Comment


UP