Recently

19 January 2018

Here Comes The Sun Naked Shower Cream



As if Lush don't dominate my life enough as it is, I now have to contend with them choosing the songs that are stuck in my head for months on end. After reliving Bambi over and over again in the bath tub after using April Showers Bath Bomb, The Beatles have now become the soundtrack to my showers after taking this new naked cream in there with me.

Here Comes The Sun is rather a clever name for this limited edition shower cream. Not only does it give Lush fans hope that the warmer weather is lingering on the distant horizon, and that we wont be freezing our fingers and toes off for the rest of our days. But it also plays homage to the many wonderful bright and warming ingredients that have gone into making this product smell simply incredible.

Supposedly sharing its scent with the popular Brightside Bubble Bar, this Easter product is the savour I've been after for a while. After arriving back from Asia almost three weeks ago, I have had to contend with the bitterness of the European weather, and I cannot say that I have enjoyed it one single moment. While it's not a definite outcome, Here Comes The Sun has definitely helped to make my mornings just that little bit less depressing.

I say 'supposedly' when I describe it as replicating The Brightside fragrance, because it does to a certain degree, there is also a difference to this smell that I appreciate very much. As with any format chance, I was not expecting it to be exactly the same. However, there is enough of a difference here that I feel I should describe the changes as best as I can.

Containing mandarin, tangerine and orange as the key ingredients, fans of The Brightside Bubble Bar will recognise the strong, fruity aroma that we are contending with her. It's bright and uplifting and slightly zesty - everything to refresh your senses, radiate your skin and leave you smiling at the joy of smelling something so beautiful.

Yet while the bubble bar possesses an almost powdery, sherbet-like fragrance, this shower cream is far creamier and more wholesome than its older sibling. There is something about this smell that reminds me of smoothies - a thickness that suggests pulped fruit or compote. There's a natural, rich, sweetness of fruit here that serves this format well. 

As with most of lush's naked gels/creams, this one doesn't offer much in the way of a scent until it meets the running water. Only then does all of the fruity goodness make itself known and you can enjoy the aroma at a much stronger level. Yet despite this last comment, I wouldn't go as far as describing the scent of Here Comes The Sun as being particularly potent. If you like subtle but robust, this might be a product for you.       

Much like you would expect a cream to behave, this one doesn't stimulate much of a lather. If you want something soapy and foam-like, you may wish to opt out of trying this one. Instead, you'll find that you produce more of a thin, oily lather that coats your skin and moisturises while it is cleaning. The shade of red that it produces will not taint your skin, so don't feel alarmed when the cream begins rubbing off onto your skin.

As with all of Lush's new naked gels and creams, you can opt to slice this one into pieces and use in the shower, or use the whole bottle as I do. While I have not had any problems with these naked products being particularly fiddly to use, some people complain that they end up dropping the bottle and choose to slice this into small segments. 

What I liked about this shower cream was that the smell lingered very slightly on my skin afterwards, and I did notice that I felt slightly smoother after I had towelled myself down. Unlike other gels/creams I have used, I didn't find that my hands felt parched or dry, which suggests that the generous amount of cocoa butter and avocado oil present here are enough to leave your skin feeling moisturised.

Having said this, I think I prefer to use a gel to clean myself with, and then a cream to add a little moisture, as I don't always feel like a naked cream cleans my skin as much as a gel does.

Overall, fans of this scent family will no doubt appreciate the release of this, and I for one have throughly appreciated being able to enjoy this scent without having to divulge in a bath. However, I would have preferred a naked gel over a cream, and I would have much preferred a liquid gel to either of the above.

Quantitative Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, St Johns Wort Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Stearate, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Organic Avocado Oil, *Limonene, Guar Gum, Water (Aqua), Cup Mushroom, Mandarin Oil, Tangerine Oil, Bergamot Oil, Fresh Orange Juice, Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 15510, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 45380:3.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £9.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Brightside Body Lotion
Brightside Bubble Bar
Brightside Solid Perfume
Here Comes The Sun Naked Shower Cream
The Jester Reusable Bubble Bar
Sunrise Soap



No comments

Post a Comment


UP