Recently

24 May 2017

The Brightside Body Lotion



It took me a matter of seconds to fall head over heels in love with The Brightside Bubble Bar for the first time, and a similar time frame to feel a heavy disappointment settling over the fact that it was only going to be available for a limited amount of time. When Lush later announced that it was being made a permanent member of their family, the elation I felt was a little higher than I should probably care to admit.


If there is one thing I love about Lush, it's their ability to turn many of their most lovable scents into an array of different formats: each one offering something a little different to the other products that have come before it, while still retaining the original essence that made you fall in love with the fragrance in the first place.

When Brightside was announced as one of the five body lotions coming out during the 'voted for' week, I was ecstatic. While I was slightly disappointed that a shower gel wasn't heeded from the results, I couldn't deny that the mere thought of having anything new in this format was enough to keep me happy. With summer just around the corner, I felt as if it was the perfect time to bring out something so bright and uplifting to use.

As I was expecting, the lotion sold itself to me immediately from the tub: the familiar collaboration of mandarin, bergamot and tangerine drifting up my nose the second the lid was removed. I won't deny that I spent a good five minutes soaking in the fragrance - my nose so far into the pot that I left multiple imprints on the surface as I was doing so. 

For fans of The Brightside, the scent of this is everything you could ask for. Thick and wholesomely fruity, this lotion is bursting with the bright, uplifting citrusy aromas that you would expect. Perhaps slightly less zesty than the Bubble Bar, this body lotion smells like a fruity yoghurt or a freshly-made orange torte.

The citrus elements of this body lotion are natural-smelling and mouth-wateringly good; the bergamot adding almost a slight 'twang' of green to the aroma as well. This latter component makes itself known a little more on the skin, where it offers something not unlike the tartness you get from the pith of an orange. Furthermore, there is a very subtle hint of cocoa butter, once the lotion has been applied, and this gives Brightside Body Lotion a delicate wholesome appeal when in use.

The product itself is one of Lush's most thickest lotions. A little like Sympathy For The Skin, Brightside has to be really moisturised in, to ensure that you're not left with any residue on the surface. Once applied to the skin, you will need to give the product a good ten to fifteen minutes to be absorbed, as the lotion tends to leave a mild stickiness on the surface for a short while.

On the positive side, this limited edition is really effective at immediately helping your skin to look and feel so much better. My body looked instantly more radiant upon application, and my skin also felt quite plump and full. For someone who forgets to moisturise a lot of the time, this would be a fantastic lotion to use a couple of times a week, to offer the skin a deep, nourishing session and replenish some of the moisture that may have been lost. For this reason, the lotion would be great for the summer months, when the scorching sun can leave your skin needing some serious replenishing.

Given the nature of this lotion however, some people may find that it will be a little too much to use during the hotter days. As the lotion is fairly heavy, sweating while adorning Brightside may leave you feeling even stickier than usual, and so I would suggest that this is a lotion to wear overnight. Having tried this for the last few days, I found that this body lotion really improves the condition of your skin, and helps it to retain moisture throughout the day. However, using it overnight meant that I was able to go without a lotion during the day, while still possessing beautiful, clear, radiant skin. 

As if that wasn't enough, The Brightside also helped to elevate the base tan that I have been working on, and I received a number of compliments from colleagues about the lovely shade of colour I had on my arms.

The only negative aspect that I found about this body lotion was that the scent didn't seem to last that long once on the skin. In fact, unless your nose is highly sensitive, you probably won't be able to detect this much after the first hour of application. This is where a Brightside Liquid Perfume would be the perfect remedy to keep the fragrance going.

Overall, I am very happy that Lush have chosen to bring this out as a limited edition. This is one of my favourite fruity aromas, and I'm always appreciative of new formats in which to experience these smells. I will definitely be buying myself another tub of this in the future, and I can only hope that more cosmetics in this fragrance make an appearance in the near future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Mandarin Oil, Tangerine Oil, Bergamot Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Citral, Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.   

2017 Price: £13.95 for 225g.

Year Of Original Year: 2017.

Scent Family:
Brightside Body Lotion
Brightside Bubble Bar
Brightside Solid Perfume
Here Comes The Sun Naked Shower Cream
The Jester Reusable Bubble Bar
Sunrise Soap



No comments

Post a Comment


UP