Recently

16 April 2017

The Comforter Body Conditioner


Unlike Snow Fairy, The Comforter is a scent family that draws you in fairly early on into your Lush career, and seems to be one that keeps you hooked throughout your experience with the company. Even though you will ultimately discover a handful of other amazing and very unique fragrances during your time as a Lush fan, you can always rely on that cassis-dominated aroma to sweeten your life a little.

When the Kitchen announced that The Comforter was one of the five new body conditioners coming out in limited batches, I was very excited. Although I barely use the bubble bar (due to surplus stock) and I'm not that much of a fan of the liquid perfume, I am head over heels in love with the body lotion: I just find the format to be perfectly suited to the fragrance, and it makes me salivate every time I use it. 
It only took a mere five seconds of opening the lid and giving it a sniff, to realise that I had stumbled upon a pot of gold. This is everything you could wish for if you're a Comforter fan, guaranteed. 

Featuring bergamot and cypress oil, as well as a generous helping of cassis absolute, a robust, fruity aroma greets you from the tub. Interestingly, I found that the scent deviated a little from the usual Comforter smell to begin with - there was something rather 'plastic' about the initial smell which I found a little off-putting. However, once I began using it, I found that this wasn't the case at all, and I only had to use it a single time to realise that it smells very different when on the skin and around the hot water. 

In fact, much like the body lotion, the blackcurrant is stronger and far richer in this format, and the aroma is equally as sweet as it is succulent. The smell of this product reminds me of a blackcurrant compote on top of a cheesecake: refreshing and very fruity. Furthermore, the aroma stays on the skin for quite a while afterwards, which is the perfect reward after a long, hard day at work.   

As with most of Lush's products, this one is incredibly versatile, and while the £29.95 price tag may seem a little daunting to those unsure of such a big commitment, it is definitely worth the investment. You can use this as both a body conditioner and a shaving foam, and I've even heard of people using this in replacement of a body lotion. Whichever way you choose to use yours, I can guarantee that you'll not be left disappointed with the results. 

First and foremost, you can use it as Lush intended - as a body conditioner. After using a gel, jelly or soap to clean yourself with, step out of the flow of the water and apply the product across your skin, as you would a body lotion. It wont lather up, and may disappear really quickly, but this is because it is designed to permeate the skin. The heat from the shower will have opened up your pores and made your skin more susceptible to the butters and oils featured in the ingredients list. Once applied, you can either step back under the flow of the water to rinse your body down, or exit the shower immediately and pat yourself down lightly.

Unlike a body lotion, a conditioner creates a barrier of moisture around your skin, which may feel slightly greasy to some, and might prevent you from being able to apply your clothes until you've given it time to absorb into the skin. I can assure you that this will lessen within the first thirty minutes of application, and you'll feel much better afterwards.

As with most of the other conditioners, I found that an amount equal to that of a heaped teaspoon was more than enough to coat an entire leg, so you really don't need to use that much each time to get amazing results. Please also be aware that you wont necessarily be able to see the product when you're massaging it across an area of skin as it does tend to absorb really quickly. However, this does not mean that you should apply any extra and waste the product - the results after you rinse yourself down will speak for themselves.

Secondly, this body conditioner works as an excellent shaving foam. Simply apply a small amount across your legs and shave your legs as usual. You'll be left with super-soft skin, and one of the closest shaves you have ever experienced. While the product may get stuck in your razor blade, a gentle tap and a rinse will alleviate this problem very easily.

Finally, you could also use this as a body lotion, as there doesn't appear to be anything featured that could damage or irritate your skin if left on for long periods of time. The only issue I have with this latter method is that it may leave your body feeling rather greasy, so may only work as an intense moisturiser for those who have incredibly dry skin. I have yet to try this as I have a surplus amount of body lotions I am trying to get through at the moment, but it is something I would like to try out in the future.

As with all of the body conditioners this time around, my skin felt incredibly soft,  supple and plump after using this. Furthermore, my experience showed me just how quickly the skin can be replenished, as I found the dry patches on my legs and hands completely vanished after my first use. In addition, my body pertained a radiant glow about it that remained with me for the entirety of the day and into the night. For this reason, this will be a product I use in the summer months, when I want to keep my skin smooth and hydrated.

Ultimately, it is a shame that this has only made as a limited release to date. Alongside nearly all of the limited edition body conditioners from the Kitchen, this one would make a fantastic (and very popular) addition to Lush's normal range. I do hope that the company bring out other body conditioners in the foreseeable future, and I also wish that they make a few of them, including this one, permanent fixtures. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, Organic Jojoba Oil, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Bergamot Oil, Cassis Absolute, Cypress Oil, *Limonene, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.


2017 Price: £29.95 for 440g.


Year Of Original Release: 2017.







No comments

Post a Comment


UP