Recently

27 October 2015

Fairy Dust Dusting Powder


Much like the abundance of FUN that has come our way this year, consumers might have also noticed that Lush have been rather generous when it comes to the variants of dusting powder that have been made available in both the regular range and the seasonal collections this year. Seeing the release of five brand new titles during their Oxford Street opening, the company have also gone on to release many old favourites in the Kitchen and are obviously intent on continuing this trend throughout the colder months. 

Aside from First Snow that was first offered last Christmas, this winter has seen the release of a further dusting power, which at first glance seems to be a brand new addition to the seasonal range. Despite the aptly named Fairy Dust making its debut in both name and colour this year, this is not the first time that a dusting powder with this scent has seen the light of day. 
Candy Fluff, which incidentally came out in the kitchen earlier this year, is another dusting powder that shares its name with the popular Snow Fairy fragrance family. Yet, while I was initially a little disappointed that this didn't offer a different smell for me to indulge in, I can understand why Lush have brought this out - it'll be popular enough for both seasonal shoppers as well as  long time Lushies that don't necessarily have the funds, patience or interest to buy religiously across the year through the Kitchen.

In its favour, Fairy Dust is a great concept - a 70g bottle of pastel pink powder that'll serve as a treat for those who love the scent of the Snow Fairy Shower Gel. Not only this, but for those non-regular shoppers who help to support Lush's biggest profit-making season, this is a great stocking filler and novelty item; the name, the fragrance and the design all make this the perfect Christmas present.

Much like Candy Fluff, this product gives off a sweet smell reminiscent of raspberry bubblegum, vanilla cupcakes and freshly-spun candy floss. In the bottle, it also reminds me of pear drops - a sugary-sweet and very creamy aroma - one that smells identical to the shower gel it is supposed to be imitating. In fact, I found the strength of this dusting powder to be a lot stronger than its predecessor, which was a welcome bonus. It definitely replicates the shower gel a lot better than Candy Fluff does. 
As with all of Lush's dusting powders, to use you simply shake some into the palm of your hand and then massage it across your skin. You can also apply it directly onto any areas you wish to, although I found that this can cause a lot of the powder to fall off and get onto your clothes and/or carpet if you're not careful. You only need a small amount to cover your whole body - I found a teaspoon amount was more than enough each time - meaning that this small bottle will last your a good six months to a year, depending on how often you use it.
  
While these powders are designed to be used on your skin, you can also sprinkle some onto your bedding before going to sleep - which not only helps to keep your sheets smelling wonderful for days on end, but gives yourself a wonderful scent to cuddle up to at night. There is also the option of using it as a replacement to shake 'n' vac - sprinkling some across your carpet and leaving it for a while before hoovering up.
As with most of Lush's dusting powders, this one sits beautifully on the body so you don't have to worry about it rubbing off onto your clothes. The inclusion of cornflour makes this powder beautifully soft and I was very surprised to discover how instantly smooth it makes your skin. I couldn't stop stroking my arms after I had used this for the first time and I found that the condition of my skin stayed like this for the entirety of the day.

Much like Candy Fluff, this one also contains lustre, and once you apply this across your body, you'll notice a beautiful pearly shimmer settle onto your skin. While those who dislike glitter will want to avoid this at all costs, those who are unsure will be pleased to know that you won't be left coated in the stuff. From a distance, it'll be difficult for anyone to detect the lustre on your skin at all; it's only when it catches the light that you'll notice its presence at all.

Given that Fairy Dust shares its scent with so many products, it'll be a wasted opportunity if you don't use it in conjunction with either the Snow Fairy Perfume or indeed the shower gel (or both if you're feeling particularly greedy!). This dusting powder keeps it smell for a long time after application so you can use it in place of a perfume -  it's perfect for a night out as it will absorb some of your sweat whilst keeping you smelling and feeling clean. 
While I am not one to praise Snow Fairy as much as I used to, I can see this being a popular seller this season and I will definitely be enjoying my two bottles for a long time to come. If you're looking for something sweet and playful, something that'll cheer you up and leave you smelling like a dream, this is definitely a product you should invest in this season.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Synthetic Musk, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Citral, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Snowflake Lustre and Fandango Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £5.95 for 70g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
Best Washes Wash Card
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Candy Fluff Ballistic
Candy Fluff Perfume
Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
Father Christmas Bath Bomb
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
Godmother Soap
Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
Magic Wand Bubble Bar
Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Body Spray
Snow Fairy Cold-Pressed Soap
Snow Fairy Jelly Bath Bomb
Snow Fairy Lip Tint
Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
Snow Fairy Naked Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Naked Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Solid Perfume
Snow Fairy Sparkle Jar
Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar

9 comments

  1. I love applying this with an old fashioned powder puff, it feels so glamorous! My only disappointment with this was that the shimmer seemed to wear off within an hour or so.. the scent stayed for a very long time but it didn't take long for the luster to disappear completely. Did you have this issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find this with the lustre, but I actually saw this as a positive attribute as I only ever use dusting powder to add scent and soften the skin :)

      Delete
    2. When I use fairy dust the lustre lasted until my shower the next morning! I was so impressed with it!

      Delete
    3. When I use fairy dust the lustre lasted until my shower the next morning! I was so impressed with it!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this stuff out! :D I want to wear it for my graduation next month. :P

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this on my bedding last night and it has left a lot of pink markings even though it was just a sprinkle i put on.
    I havent tried washing it out yet but thought it was worth mentioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you sprinkle it on bedding you have to rub it in and then it should be okay :)

      Delete
  4. I bought this the other day there and I really love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! best brand for indigo powder

    ReplyDelete


UP