Recently

22 January 2015

The Godmother Soap




Why it has taken me so long to review this product is a mystery. It's been a staple in my household for a good number of years, and a soap that I always turn to when I need a little cheering up. My love of this soap has even rubbed off on family and friends, and a few acquaintances now consider it a staple in their house as well. 

The Godmother Soap is amazing for many reasons. Firstly, it has a gorgeous fragrance reminiscent of pear drops and candy floss. The initial smell replicates the subtle fruity smell of the popular boiled sweet. However, when the soap is mixed with warm water, a sugary sweet essence is released that reminds me of freshly spun candy floss. 

Fans of Snow Fairy will recognise that this soap shares it's scent with the popular shower gel, and it's a great 'top-up' if you run out of your beloved seasonal favourite before the end of the year. It's one of those soaps that smells good enough to eat, and I'm not going to deny that I haven't nibbled a corner in the hope that it tastes as good as it smells. (It doesn't!)
Secondly, despite this soap being advertised as a hand soap, Godmother works wonders across your whole body. The rapeseed and coconut oil make it extremely smooth and gentle, and it produces a wonderfully soft foam that cleans and conditions your skin perfectly. I often run this product over my legs and arms before I get out of the shower, and I'm always amazed at how velvety-soft and beautiful they look and feel. 

In the shower, this soap produces a very subtle pink lather, and after smearing it on my body, I was worried that it would taint the colour of my skin. However, the colour rinses away immediately and leaves behind only a lovely gentle smell that stays with you for many hours after you have had your shower. 

Presented as a lovely, if perhaps slightly boring, pink colour, this soap doesn't have the same allure as the shower gel, but it does have the same wonderful scent. Sometimes I find that Snow Fairy can give off a slight acidic smell if too much is used at once, and I know that this is slightly off-putting for some Lush fans. However, The Godmother offers fans the same gorgeous fragrance without that unwanted potency.
I'm glad it's a permanent product as I cannot imagine there being a time when I don't have a chunk sitting by my shower, begging to be used. An undisputed queen of soaps and one that'll keep anyone going until the seasonal Snow Fairy reappears once again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearate, Synthetic Musk, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Benzyl Benzoate, Methyl Ionone, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.10 for 100g, £7.75 for 250g, £15.50 for 500g.
2017 Price: £4.25 for 100g.

Scent Family:
Best Washes Wash Card
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Candy Fluff Ballistic
Candy Fluff Perfume
Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
Father Christmas Bath Bomb
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
Godmother Soap
Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
Magic Wand Bubble Bar
Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Body Spray
Snow Fairy Cold-Pressed Soap
Snow Fairy Jelly Bath Bomb
Snow Fairy Lip Tint
Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
Snow Fairy Naked Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Naked Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Solid Perfume
Snow Fairy Sparkle Jar
Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar

6 comments

  1. When I first tried snow fairy, it was too synthetic for me but godmother, though almost similar to snow fairy, became one of my favorite soaps after rockstar... Also could you please review mmmelting marshmallow? :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I find the scent of Godmother to be less 'in your face' which is lovely, but I much prefer the shower gel, just because I prefer most things in that format! I'll be reviewing MMmmmelting Marshmallow in the next week or so :)

      Delete
  2. Why didn't this get six stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason it didn't get a six is because it's not quite as lovely as Snow Fairy Shower Gel :)

      Delete
  3. I love this soap, was the first Lush product I bought and it was definitely a good one to start with.

    I might start using it again soon. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this, but they're discontinuing Godmother where I live! I'm so upset ):

    ReplyDelete


UP