Recently

18 October 2014

Father Christmas Bath Bomb (New)






I'm not going to lie - I was sorely disappointed when Lush decided to change the scent of this bath bomb for this year's Christmas release. Those who read this blog regularly will know that I love nothing more than a good citrus scent, and last year's Father Christmas offered one of my favourite renditions of this. 

This year Lush have kept the design identical, but chosen to pair this bath bomb with the Snow Fairy scent family. Don't get me wrong, I do really like the sugary-sweet smell that this ballistic offers - however, it's not as appealing to me as the orangey aroma that accompanied the older version. 

Despite my distain, there was no point crying over spilt milk and I set to work on trying out one of these bad-boys in the bath tub. One thing that I love about the design of this product, is that the outcome is rather unexpected and first time users will be pleasantly surprised by what this bath bomb offers in the tub.

From the outside, this pale pink and white ballistic doesn't look all that special, and I was expecting similar colours to emerge once it came into contact with the water. However, the second I popped this into the water, it began to work it's magic. The bath bomb immediately began to fizz, churning out a beautiful red and green froth that quickly spread and turned the water into a beautiful, lime green. How this differs from the old design is that it doesn't seem to have any red glitter inside - instead leaving frothy trails of lime green soap suds across the surface of the water. 

As you would expect from a Snow Fairy-scented product, it's gorgeous in the bath tub - giving off a sweet and slightly powdery candy-floss and bubblegum aroma. It's definitely a very uplifting and vibrant smell - one that seems very slightly more sophisticated than the shower gel format. However, it's not that far off what you would expect of products in this scent family, so fans of the gel and  Sparkle Massage Bar will no doubt want to stock up on this while they can.

Much like the old design, Father Christmas leaves you feeling really nourished and soft after bathing, and I would even say that the scent of this is a little stronger than the previous edition. This means that you can detect the sweet aroma throughout your entire bathing experience and it permeates the skin enough to last a few hours. 

While I prefer the older fragrance very slightly better, I would still recommend that you try this bath bomb out - it's a beautiful sugary treat that won't break the bank or attach itself to your hips during your seasonal overindulgence.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cream of Tartar, Gardenia Extract, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Synthetic Musk, Methyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Colour 19140, Colour 42090, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.50 each.
2015 Price: £3.65 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2014.

Scent Family:
Best Washes Wash Card
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Candy Fluff Ballistic
Candy Fluff Perfume
Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
Father Christmas Bath Bomb
Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
Godmother Soap
Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
Magic Wand Bubble Bar
Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Body Spray
Snow Fairy Cold-Pressed Soap
Snow Fairy Jelly Bath Bomb
Snow Fairy Lip Tint
Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
Snow Fairy Naked Body Conditioner
Snow Fairy Naked Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Snow Fairy Solid Perfume
Snow Fairy Sparkle Jar
Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar





3 comments

  1. I bought this today on my spree, I spent £70 in lush! I love candy mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realised that this was smelling like Snow Fairy until I looked on the website at all the new products!

    I loved the original scent so I am a little sad that this has been changed, but I won't lie I love when Lush bring out bath bombs that have the Snow Fairy scent to them.

    In the bath this looks so Christmassy, so I think I'll be stocking up on these this year. ;)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used mine from this year and it sink in my bath tub and wasn't all that pretty to watch. Is this normal because it's so large or does it have something to do with the type of water I have? Any insight would be appreciated as I love the scent but the experience was... Meh.

    ReplyDelete


UP