Recently

20 June 2015

Grass Bubble Bar



While I have come to appreciate the weird, the wonderful and the sometimes questionable fragrances that Lush have brought out over the years, I can normally predict the products that I will be drawn to and recognise the ones that I'll enjoy but probably never buy again. 

Sharing it's scent with the shower gel of the same name, Grass Bubble Bar was one of those products that I assumed would fit into the latter category. While its beautiful spring-green demeanour was enough to catch my eye on the shelf, it wasn't high up on my list of priorities to try out in the bath - hence why it is one of the last bathing products I have left to review. 

Similar in size to the likes of Pop In The Bath and Dorothy, this bubble bar will easily see you through two good-quality baths. Containing a combination of bergamot, neroli and sandalwood oil, this strange collaboration gives off a scent reminiscent of its name. It reminds me of grass after a heavy rain shower - that damp, earthy smell with just a hint of natural citrus that you would expect from most green plants. Underneath this, the sandalwood also offers a very subtle but rather dry woody element which acts as a sort of base note for the other ingredients. 

As I mentioned in my review of the shower gel, the fragrance of this is very natural, rather calming and does help you to feel revitalised and reenergised without the aid of any really strong zesty elements. Those people who dislike or don't favour citrus smells but want something light and uplifting, this is the bubble bar for you. 

When in use, this bubble bar crumbles really easily under the running tap and I was impressed with just how lovely and soft it was when it came into contact with the water. Immediately  the product gets to work at producing a wonderful mound of soft, soapy bubbles and transforms the water into a vibrant shade of green. 
What was great about Grass was that the water stayed this bright throughout the whole time I was bathing, yet it didn't stain the tub or leave any nasty marks on my skin. Furthermore, the water itself was super-soft - something that some of the bubble bars I have been using recently have not produced. This meant that my body felt silky-soft within minutes of submerging myself under the water and I left the tub feeling really moisturised and smelling wonderful.

While this is a year-round addition to the Oxford Street store, I can imagine this working the best during the spring and early summer months. There is something rather light and uplifting about this product that means that it doesn't seem heavy in the bath at all - despite the fragrance of this being predominant throughout the entire experience. 

I will definitely be stocking up on this and would love to use this as part of a cocktail. Sakura and Avobath would work really well with this bubble bar and I look forward to pairing this product with both of these bath bombs. While I do like the shower gel, I find this scent works better in this format and this makes me a little less saddened by the news that Grass Shower Gel is being discontinued. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour (Zea mays), Perfume, Spring Green Lustre (Colour 47005, Colour 42090), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Against Animal Testing Soap
Autumn Leaf Bath Ballistic
Grass Body Lotion



5 comments

  1. Dear Jen,
    I was wondering if you had the chance if you could send me a oxford street catalog., I've been dying to get one!
    Love,
    Riya( A lush addict with no money to spend on products ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there honey - when I next go into the store, I'll pick up a few and send them to people that are interested :) I'm probably going to go in 2 weeks time if that helps :)

      Delete
    2. You are the sweetest! Love your blog, keep up the amazing work!

      Delete
  2. Grass Shower Gel is being discontinued!? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!? ¤cries¤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recieved my first grass bubble bar and I'm beyond excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete


UP