Recently

14 September 2014

Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar




I love surprises, especially when it comes to Lush products. I love purchasing items without reading their descriptions and then revelling in their scent/performance when they exceed my expectations. Obviously, there are times when products don't fair well when I thought they would, but those moments are few and far between.

Old Formula
When it came to Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar, my surprise was not spurred on by it's performance in the bath, although that alone would have been enough to earn the product it's full six points - my surprise came when I smelt it's scent for the first time. Having had 4-5 of these bubble bars over the last few years, I had always imagined a very average floral smell, one that wasn't that different from Mumkin or Dorothy. However, I was rather shocked when my latest purchase turned out to smell identical to that of Olive Branch, one of my favourite all-time scents from Lush. I don't know what my excuse is for having not noticed this factor before, but I feel rather stupid for not doing so. 

This bubble bar is a staple Lush product; it's been around for a long time and 'pops' up all over the place, being one of the most frequented bath products in their gift sets. The product comes in four slightly different designs; all based around pink, white, blue and green. Decorated with a flower on top, it's a simple yet elegant and attractive design. 

As you can see in my video, I like to hold my bubble bars underneath the running water and let it work it's magic. I find that this is more effective than crumbling them in the water, although there are others that would say the opposite. What I do know is that you definitely don't have to use the whole bubble bar in one go - half is more than suffice to create a beautiful bubble-filled tub to indulge yourself in. 

Pop In The Bath produces a tonne of silky bubbles and leaves the water velvety soft and highly moisturising. Depending on the colour of your bubble bar, your water will turn a different colour. Mine turned a wonderful baby blue colour, which was pretty translucent until the bubbles began to melt, and then it became a more cloudy blue colour. Out of preference, I would normally have picked the green variation, but the colour isn't really a major factor here.

Made using a series of citrus oils; bergamot, lemon oil and refreshing mandarin oil, you would expect the bubble bar to smell as so. However, Lush have carefully carved a beautiful, unique and slightly savoury fragrance like no other I've ever smelt before. 

Firstly, there's a beautiful woody scent, which intensifies under the heat of the bath water and leaves you and your bathroom smelling divine. Secondly, the warm, savoury fragrance of the vine leaves alongside the citrus infusions from the lemon and mandarin oils, gives this bubble bar a gorgeous fragrance that really has to be tried out for you to fully appreciated it. There's almost a slightly spicy element about this smell, which is both warming and refreshing, and it remains with you long after you exit the bath. Furthermore, this bubble bar is highly moisturising and I left the bath with beautiful soft skin. 

I regret that it's taken me so long to try and review this product, as I now consider it to be one of my favourite all-time bubble bars. I'll be popping one of these in basket every month so I can experience Pop In The Bath again and again - I really do love it that much. If you love this bar, check out Lush's Olive Branch Shower Gel to top up that wonderful smell, and I apologise in advance if you fall head over heels in love like I did. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Mandarin Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool, Lilial, Hydroxycitronellal, May contain Gardenia Extract, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2, Colour 61570.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2.95 each.

Scent Family:
The Christmas Penguin bubble Bar
Happy Pill Ballistic 
The Olive Branch Body Lotion
The Olive Branch Body Spray
The Olive Branch Liquid Perfume
The Olive Branch Naked Shower Gel
The Olive Branch Shower Gel
Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar
Wash You Were Here Wash Card


Reformulated:


Old Edition:


3 comments

  1. I like this one too!! Love the smell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Actually Afraid To Try This One , I Tried The Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar Which Has The Same Scent And I Thought It Was Beautiful Until I USED It !!!!!
    When I Used It In The Bath It Smelled Good For Awhile Then It Started Smelling Like Bleach I Don't Know It Could Be The Fact That I Was Using A Hotel Bath But I Don't Know.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a disappointment. It just smelt soapy. I'd have been better off with a cheap'n'cheerful bubble bath from Wilkinsons.

    ReplyDelete


UP