Recently

6 October 2014

Snowman Shower Jelly


No doubt you all know how I feel about shower jellies by now. While I love them and can never resist purchasing a few whenever one makes an appearance, I am always torn between enjoying them and wishing they were a shower gel. This latest release is no exception. 

Snowman Shower Jelly is one of multiple items in this year's Christmas range that shares it's scent with the popular Carrot Soap - a brand new product that was released back in February as part of Lush's Easter range. While I immediately fell in love with the fragrance, I was sorely disappointed with how dry the soap made my skin feel and I ended up giving most of my block away. 

So when I heard that Lush were going to be releasing this jelly, alongside the FUN Snowman (which also has the scent), I was really excited to see whether this format would give off the same beautiful fragrance whilst offering me something a little more nourishing for my skin. It did not disappoint. 

While this does share it's scent with Carrot Soap, I actually feel as if this jelly has a much stronger and more impressive aroma when it's being used in the shower. With buchu, sicilian lemon and bergamot oil, Snowman Shower Jelly is a highly citrus and very uplifting product - one you wouldn't initially associate with Christmas. However, I can really see this being a great pick-me-up first thing in the morning, when it's pitch black and I have to force myself out of bed to leave for work.

The inclusion of these different oils create a refreshingly fizzy smell - a fragrance that reminds me of fresh tropical juice with both a sherberty and slightly sour twist. It's like the outer layer of a Solero ice-cream with an added note of tartness. This zesty and very fruity combination intensifies in the shower, and when mixed with warm water gives off a well-rounded and rather wonderful aroma. Under the heat of the water, you get a glimpse of the blackcurrant scent from the buchu oil, but it's more of a sour berry smell as opposed to the fun and fruity offering you get from The Comforter

This is quite a rubbery shower jelly and I found that it was a little stubborn at releasing any lather at first. However, I found that when I cupped a piece of this in my hand and added about a teaspoon of water, I was able to stimulate enough foam to clean myself with. While the foam isn't particular creamy, the addition of both seaweed and glycerine means that this shower jelly leaves your skin feeling instantly clean and soft, and it does glide over your body with ease. 
The consistency of the product also means that it doesn't shrink very much with each use, so I can see a 100g pot of this will last longer than some of Lush's other jellies. Despite this, I would suggest that you keep this as dry as you can between uses. I only say this because it's quite a wet and sticky shower jelly and I can see it becoming a big, gloopy mess if it gets too damp.

As I mentioned above, what I really like about Snowman is that the scent is not one you would associate with Christmas. Yet it's so uplifting and refreshing that I can see it being a great companion during the colder months. This is one of the reasons why I have made a second order and included a few more tubs of the product in my basket.

I would love to see this in other formats - particularly as a shower gel and bath ballistic. It's a product that would work all year round - something I'm sure that Lush have already figured out. I can guarantee that this scent family will make more appearances in other seasonal ranges and I look forward to trying each and every item. 

What is great about Snowman is that it is Lush's first ever self-preserving shower jelly. While the consistency is very slightly different from other products I've had in the past, there is nothing here to suggest that it is not as effective or as long-lasting as other shower jellies. In fact, the inclusion of less synthetic ingredients just means that my skin can enjoy being pampered without being exposed to anything that may irritate or damage it. 

The only thing that could make this product better was if it was a shower gel - something I can't really hold against it so I shall continue to enjoy this cute seasonal jelly whilst secretly hoping Lush fulfil my plight very soon. A must have for all Lush fans.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Carrot Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Buchu Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Lilial, Limonene.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.95 for 100g. 
2015 Price: £3.95 for 100g. 

Scent Family:
A Bunch of Carrots Reusable Bubble Bars
Aster La Vista Soap
The Carrot Bubble Bar 
The Carrot Soap
Snowman FUN
Snowman Jelly

11 comments

  1. Could you, please, review new soaps soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do :) I've almost finished Reindeer Rocks and I'll be publishing Baked Alaska in the next couple of days :)

      Delete
    2. Great news :-)

      Delete
  2. I have and loveee this.
    It smells so good doesn't it??
    xxx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this in it's little pot but mine seems to be very wet already. It leaked too in the box. Did you have any problems like this? None of my other shower jellies have arrived 'wet' love the smell though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this shower jelly is definitely wet - when I look mine out to have a look at the shape, I ended up with really sticky hands. I'm guessing that it's the new self-preserving formula that has caused this? It still works well though and smells fantastic, like you said :)

      Delete
  4. I got this in one of my three orders today and I do like the scent of it. I can't wait to use it! I love the shower jellies and the easiest way I've found to use them is cutting it up in 1 inch - ish cubes and when I'm ready to use it I get one cube and smash it up into a shower loofah. It lathers really great that way and I don't waste any of the product. It's not a practical product in a sense but it's still a fun one ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just bought this, looking forward to using it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my absolute favourite scents! So disappointed in myself I didn't pick it up when I had the chance! Counting down the days until the 2015 Winter range now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this and have to say it is my favorite scented shower jelly. I too would love to see this as a shower gel or cream as that would be absolutely fantastic. Seen as Lush has not yet made this tradition with this beauty of a scent, have you tried yoir DIY with this little guy? If not could you please? I would love to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this. They need to sell it all year! BY FAR my favorite shower jelly!!!!

    ReplyDelete


UP