Recently

6 March 2014

A Bunch Of Carrots Reusable Bubble Bars



Despite the similarity in their names, I didn't realise that these bars possessed the same fragrance as The Carrot soap, until I began swishing one around the bath tub and picked up it's wonderful scent. Unfortunately, the soap didn't do anything for my skin, even though I thought it smelt absolutely beautiful. Therefore, I was really excited to try these bars out in the hope that they would provide me with a more pleasurable experience.

A Bunch of Carrots is not a new product from Lush - it's just been redesigned and sold under a slightly different guise. Although I don't know the full extent of the reasonings behind this, I believe it has something to do with the functionality of the old design, which I remember from last year being very hard and stubborn when releasing bubbles and scent into the bath.  


What is great about the design of this product, is that not only can these bubble bars be used multiple times, making it a lot cheaper than most other Lush products, but they can also be separated so that they stay dry when not being used, meaning they'll last a lot longer. Priced at £5.95 for the three carrots, these bars cost a little more than your average bubble bar or ballistic. However, I managed to get two good uses out of each bar, giving me a total of six baths. This means I only paid £1 a bath which I consider to be great value for money.
A Bunch of Carrots has a wonderful scent - a refreshingly fizzy blend of buchu, lemon and bergamot -a fragrance that reminds me of fresh tropical juice with a sherberty twist. This zesty and very fruity combination reminds me a little bit of the outer layer of a Solero ice-cream. Yummy!

What differed from this product and the soap variation, was that the fragrance was much subtler in bubble bar form. I felt slightly disappointed at how much stronger The Carrot was than these bubble bars, and I wonder whether it has anything to do with the different oils that have been missed out in this product. However, that isn't to say that I was altogether dissappointed here.

As you can see from my video, I used A Bunch Of Carrots by holding the green leafy part and swishing it throughout the water until I had enough bubbles and scent for my liking. I also chose to hold the bubble bar under the tap for a matter of seconds as I know that this generates bubbles a lot quicker and more effectively.

One aspect that you must remember about this product is that, after you've finished using it, you'll need to store it somewhere dry so that it doesn't deteriorate. I find that laying it on the packet it came in, or standing it upright in a mug, will often do the trick.

Ultimately, what I enjoyed about this product, was that the beautiful fresh, tropical aroma made it's presence known immediately on impact with the water and stayed with me throughout my entire bath. Unfortunately, the scent wasn't as strong as I would have liked, especially when compared to how strong The Carrot soap is when in use. However, the bubble bar did make the bath water exceptionally soft and I could feel my skin being moisturised mere seconds after sinking under the water.

The bubbles were velvety smooth and super-fruity smelling, and left my skin feeling really soft and hydrated. Furthermore, under the bubbles, the water turned an interesting psychedelic yellow colour, which reminded me a little of The Mum Reusable Bubble Bar that I enjoyed yesterday.

After my bath, I was left with a beautiful tropical smell that lingered on my skin, especially on my hands, for a while after my bath. This really perked my mood up, which is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. This bubble bar would be a great choice for an early evening summer bath as the fruity fragrance really helps to perk you up and leave you feeling refreshed.
However, I believe that Lush could do more to strengthen the fragrance in this bar and I hope that, if they bring these bubble bars out again next year, they'll do more to make A Bunch of Carrots smell that little bit stronger. This is important as I feel a fragrance so beautiful should be enjoyed as best as it can be, and there were times during tonight's bath when I envisaged how much better it would be if the scent was more prominent. Because of this fact, I can really see these bubble bars losing their scent if stored for too long, and it is this reason that I will not be buying any more to see me through to summer.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Buchu Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Lilial, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

Year Of Original Release: 2014


2016 Price: £6.25 per bunch.

Scent Family:

A Bunch of Carrots Reusable Bubble Bars
Aster La Vista Soap
The Carrot Bubble Bar 
The Carrot Soap
Snowman FUN
Snowman Jelly



5 comments

  1. I really love the smell of these bubble bars! My local Lush store had a couple laying around and I was so lucky to recieve three carrots. I am so happy I decided to read about them here before wasting them all; since I don't have a bathtub I just use bubble bars for foot baths (works fine btw), and therefore I don't use the whole bubble bar. So of course the first time I tried it I cut a piece of one of the carrots because I didn't know the "correct" way to use these bubble bars. But now I know, so now I'll get full use of them! Can't wait until these come back again, I have to buy moremoremore, hehe. (Pardon my English, I'm from Norway so there might be some grammatical errors etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell gorgeous, don't they? I'm glad that you love them so much and I suspect that they will make a reappearance next Easter as they have been rather popular.

      Delete
  2. I love the look and scent of this bubble bar but I found the bubbles themselves a realy disappointment. At first they do produce a lot of bubbles but they disappear almost immediately which I found a real shame. However I think these will continue to pop up every Easter but I will probably focus on the rest of the collection instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right the smell does weaken the longer you store them. It really is sad since it was such a beautiful smell. I hope they make the smell stronger next time.

    ReplyDelete


UP