Recently

29 May 2014

Lust Liquid Perfume


Before I began buying and collecting Lush products, my interest in scents were particularly limited; I'd always pick the sugary-sweet, synthetic type fragrances that were as generic as the other 500 bottles of perfume on the shelf. I was not interested in trying out any of the interesting more complex scents and would shy away from anything that was particularly strong.

Fast forward two years and I have ordered a bottle of Lush's 'Lust' perfume - a powerfully sensual, dirty jasmine perfume that I never imagined myself enjoying. Although there are other notes in here, such as ylang ylang, vanilla, sandalwood and rose, jasmine is definitely the predominate scent. The sandalwood gives the perfume a wonderful warmth that intensifies on the heat of your skin; the rose adds a sweet, floral kick that gives the perfume a sexy edge. 

This is a perfume that takes no prisoners. It's strong, it's seductive and it'll upstage any other scent that you may be wearing at the time. This is not a subtle perfume in any way, so if you want something simple and gentle, this is not the one for you. This is a perfume that'll empower you when you're wearing it, and it makes you feel confident throughout the entire day. 

Lust comes out as a red-tinted liquid but it does not stain the skin so there's no need to be alarmed by this. Additionally, I would say that you should be rather scrupulous when spraying this perfume as you don't need very much at all. This latter point means that a 30ml bottle should last you a lot longer than most shop-bought varieties, meaning it's create value for money. 

Sharing it's scent with ‘Flying Fox’ shower gel, a product that is unfortunately not vegan, this perfume stays with you, and will let off small bursts of scent throughout the day. I have worn the same scarf to work for the past few months, and I can still smell Lust on there some six+ weeks after last using it. It's a sophisticated, unique fragrance that may be too overpowering for some, but one that will grow on you over time.

I happen to love this scent, and I love it even more knowing that a few years ago, I would have turned my nose up at such a unique and empowering smell. I always get compliments when I wear this, and most people comment on how fresh and natural it smells. It's become a staple perfume in my household now.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, *Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 15850.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12 for 10ml, £24 for 30ml. 

Scent Family:
Floating Flower Bath Ballistic
Flying Fox Body Lotion
Flying Fox Shower Gel
Flying Fox Solid Perfume
Fox Bath Bomb
Godiva Solid Shampoo Bar
Lust Liquid Perfume 
Lustre Dusting Powder
Lust Solid Perfume
Yes Yes Yes Massage Bar
Youki-Hi Bath Ballistic

3 comments

  1. Hey Jen, firstly as always thank you for the lovely and informative reviews that help so many �� I was just wondering if you know whether lust smells more like floating flower or godiva? I absolutely love the scent of godiva and if so I would have to get my hands on some of this ASAP, but I found floating flower a bit too heavy and unsweetened in a way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been debating on whether to buy this or not and thanks to your review I'm sold!!! Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Let me know how you get on with it! I hope you love it!

      Delete


UP