Recently

10 August 2014

Yes Yes Yes Massage Bar


I was so excited to learn that Lush were bringing out a handful of new massage bars. Despite my continuing love-affair with their body lotions, there's something rather wonderful and collectable about the solid variation. This one in particular caught my eye, as it shares it's scent with the wonderful Lust Perfume

Yes Yes Yes is a massage bar with a powerful fragrance and an equally powerful message. Made from a combination of jasmine, ylang ylang and rose absolute, this is a strong and rather sexy floral aroma with a difference. While the jasmine takes the lead here, Lush have also thrown in both sandalwood oil and vanilla absolute to pad out the fragrance and offer consumers a far warmer and well-bodied experience. The latter offers a delicate but very naturally sweet note which compliments the jasmine beautifully; the sandalwood adds an underlying woody aroma that creates a fragrance far more complex and sensual than you would initially expect. 

I described the Lust fragrance as 'a powerfully sensual, dirty jasmine perfume' and Lush have managed to replicate this perfectly in massage bar form. Just like the liquid perfume, the inclusion of sandalwood gives the bar a wonderful warmth that intensifies on the heat of your skin - the rose adding a sweet but gentle floral kick that gives the fragrance a sexy edge. It's definitely a feminine fragrance but it's got attitude that sets it apart from other floral smells. 

To use the massage bar, you can do one of two things. I tend to warm my hands up a little before carefully rubbing the bar all over my body. Once I've smeared enough on my skin, I then use my hands to massage it all over evenly. You can also use the warmth of your hands to melt the massage bar somewhat, before using this to smother it all over your skin like you would a normal lotion.

On the skin, Yes Yes Yes glides easily across the body and leaves a light trail of oil which absorbs into the skin fairly quickly and leaves you with a beautiful, natural sheen. The bar melts with ease between the palms of your fingers but not too quickly that you find yourself with surplus amount of product to use. Once you've lathered and massaged the oils across the body, it doesn't take long for them to permeate the skin and leave it looking, feeling and smelling absolutely gorgeous. 

In fact, this massage bar demonstrates a combination of the perfect melting point with the right consistency of oil - it's not at all greasy to use and produces the right amount of product for each use. Furthermore, the beautiful fragrance of the bar is really long-lasting and stays with you for hours. I used Yes Yes Yes yesterday morning before heading off to central London for the day. Some six hours later, after arriving back home, I could still smell the distinctive jasmine and the slight smokiness of the sandalwood on my skin. 

I'm really glad that this is going to be made a regular product as I can see it being incredibly popular. It's perfectly formulated, beautifully fragranced and well worth the £5.95 price tag. I suggest you get yourself one as soon as you can. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Organic Almond Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Rose Absolute, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £5.95 each. 

Scent Family:
Floating Flower Bath Ballistic
Flying Fox Body Lotion
Flying Fox Shower Gel
Flying Fox Solid Perfume
Fox Bath Bomb
Godiva Solid Shampoo Bar
Lust Liquid Perfume 
Lustre Dusting Powder
Lust Solid Perfume
Yes Yes Yes Massage Bar
Youki-Hi Bath Ballistic



5 comments

  1. OMG , I LOVE LUST AND REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS ,BUT THEY ONLY HAVE IT IN THE UK :(
    THEY DISCONTINUED THE LUST SOAP TOO :( WHYYYYYYYYY :(((((((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the Lush Kitchen is coming to you guys soon - let's hope that they bring these massage bars with them. If they're permanent here, perhaps they will be there :)

      Delete
  2. This is looks really good and perfect for my dry skin! I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for such an in depth review! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. I really hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Delete


UP