Recently

31 May 2014

Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly

If there was ever a product that sold itself on name alone, this would be the one. Ever since Lush announced that this shower jelly was going to be one of their Kitchen releases, I have annoyed everyone around me by inserting it's title into almost every sentence that comes out of my mouth. It's seriously catchy!

However, my enthusiasm was short lived when I realised that Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly is just another name for The Joy Of Jelly; a product that didn't win my heart over at all. Having carried out a little research, I found out that Lush decided to revamp Joy of Jelly a few years after it had first made it's appearance. They changed it's appearance and gave it a far catchier name. The rest, as they say, is history. 

In all fairness, Bada Bing Bada Boom is a lot more visually stunning - sporting a beautiful deep shade of red - reminiscent of the red wine that features as a key ingredient in the product. At first, I thought that Lush had also included little specks of gold lustre as the jelly has a slight glimmer that seems to reflect the light. However, on closer inspection I realised that the shimmer is caused by thousands of tiny bubbles that pass right through the jelly. 

As well as wine, this jelly offers both a herbal and a floral element to it's aroma. Firstly, Bada Bing features thyme and sage; both of which build a subtle aromatic layer that nestles itself alongside the other key ingredients. Secondly, and most prominently, this jelly has a combination of rose, lavender and jasmine. These three ingredients make up the strongest part of the scent and give this jelly a rather heady, unique floral smell. Finally, the inclusion of white wine vinegar adds a slight savoury-sweet after-thought that wraps all of the smells together. If you're worried about the red wine, as I was, you'll be happy to know that you can detect elements of it's scent in the mix, but it's not at all pungent or overpowering. 

Together, these ingredients make for an interesting fragrance, and one that I'm not very keen on. Lush describe it as being sexy and alluring, and I can imagine why some people would think this about it. However, I find the aroma a little strange and not one that has any redeeming features. On their own, I enjoy each and every one of the scents that have gone into creating this jelly. However, when combined, they give off a rather odd aroma that doesn't really do much for me. 

Although I'm not keen on it's scent, I cannot deny that Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly does lather up well in the shower. If you enjoy it's fragrance, you'll be pleased to know that it intensifies somewhat when exposed to the hot water and it does tend to linger on your skin for a long time after use. The shower jelly also lathers up really nicely and is amazingly moisturising; something we can thank the inclusion of the seaweed for. It did leave my skin feeling super clean and not at all dry like a lot of other shower products I have used in the past.    
This is obviously a popular product, hence why Lush have chosen to bring it back through their Kitchen. Fans of Sex Bomb will no doubt want to check this out, as it does share it's scent with the popular bath bomb. However, it's not one that appeals to me or my senses. For this reason, I would not choose to buy it again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Red Wine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Thyme, Rose petal and Lavender infusion, Rose Petal Infusion, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Synthetic Musk, White Wine Vinegar, Lilial, Linalool, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £7.95 for 240g.

Scent Family:
Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly
Joy Of Jelly Shower Jelly
Love Soap
The North Polar Left The Tap On Soap
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb
Sex Bomb Body Lotion
Sex Bomb Solid Perfume
Tulip Mum Reusable Bubble Bar

No comments

Post a Comment


UP