Recently

1 June 2017

Sex Bomb Solid Perfume


Not a favourite scent of mine, Sex Bomb is only really used in my house when I find one in a gift set I have purchased, and then I only really use it to change things up a little. While I wouldn't say that I find the fragrance at all bad, it doesn't insight any sort of reaction from me either, which is why I wasn't all that excited about it being one of the winning smells in the recent Kitchen voting week.

Although I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the Sex Bomb Body Lotion I think this was because it was a little different from the bath bomb. What I will say is that this limited edition solid perfume is far closer in scent to the original bath bomb, and I can imagine fans would appreciate this gesture very much.

To begin with, given the nature of this scent family, I was expecting Sex Bomb Solid Perfume to be one of the weaker-smelling variations. With some solid perfumes, the smell of the base waxes seep through into the actual fragrance, and it can often be rather off-putting for those who want to enjoy their favourite aromas.

Surprisingly, I found that although the fragrance was far subtler than the likes of Grass and Brightside Solid Perfumes, there was still enough strength present, that prevented me from being able to detect any of the castor oil or candelilla wax in the process. This was true both in the tub and while I was wearing it on my skin.

I believe it is the sweet, floral nature of the jasmine that enables this fragrance to work effectively in this format. From the initial sniff, you can make out the gentle nature of the jasmine - intertwined with the clary sage oil to bring you a slight earthy note, with a bitter twinge at the end. The ylang ylang adds its playful, slightly grassy floral layer; while the synthetic musk rounds all of the notes together with its sweet, almost chalky scent. 

While all of these ingredients make their presence known in this perfume, the overall fragrance is a very subtle one. In fact, this is probably one of Lush's most subtlest floral aromas to date. There is nothing offensive about this scent at all, and I cannot imagine anyone being opposed to it.

On the skin, the smell settles wonderfully and you lose that bitterness that you first detect in the tub. In addition, the musk comes through a little more through the warmth of your body, so it's a little sweeter than it initially seems in the tin. Unfortunately, due to the lightness of the smell, I found that this perfume didn't last much past an hour on my body, and it wasn't a fragrance that I could detect much, past pressing my nose to my wrists.

Having said that, I did find that the aroma was a little more present on the ends of my hair - where I massaged it into the tips to carry around with me throughout the day. When used in this way, the scent can still be detected a couple of hours after application, and this is probably how I'll continue to use this product from now on.

For those who love the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb, you'll really enjoy the smell in this format, as it is true to the original ballistic in almost every way. Although slightly less musky, this is due to the base waxes and oils only, and the fact that it's not made up of powdery substances that no doubt add to the aroma of the bath bomb.

While it's not a solid perfume that I would rave about, this is only because I am not very fond of the Sex Bomb scent overall. However, if you enjoy this fragrance, or gentle floral aromas in general, you will probably love this solid perfume and I would recommend that you try it out for yourself.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Perfume (synthetic), Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £9 for 12g.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.


Scent Family:
Bada Bing Bada Boom Shower Jelly
Joy Of Jelly Shower Jelly
Love Soap
The North Polar Left The Tap On Soap
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb
Sex Bomb Body Lotion
Sex Bomb Solid Perfume
Tulip Mum Reusable Bubble Bar




No comments

Post a Comment


UP