Recently

17 January 2014

Ponche Liquid Perfume


When Lush first announced that they would be releasing five limited-edition scents last month, I was so excited. What made it even more exciting was the promise that one of these perfumes would be a fragrance that they'd never released before. Immediately, my mind screamed 'PONCHE!' - a scent I had fallen head-over-heals in love with when it was first released as a shower gel back in 2012. 

When they finally announced that Ponche would indeed be one of their limited fragrances, my heart leapt out of my chest whilst my bank balance groaned with anticipation. I was so happy! I knew right there and then that I'd have to stock up, although there was still a small part of me that worried that the scent wouldn't transpire as wonderfully as it does as a shower gel. I shouldn't have been worried. 

For those unfamiliar with the scent, Ponche is a party fragrance, bursting with the fruity, zesty energy of fresh oranges, mixed with a tequila kick that gives this perfume a unique, refreshing take on the traditional mexican beverage. The citrus scent of pettigrain oil combines with exotic davana and buchu oils to create something really special. It's a diverse and multi-layered fragrance that works wonderfully with the heat of your body - producing bursts of sweetness every few hours for you to enjoy throughout the entire day.
If you're slightly put off by the addition of alcohol - it's very subtle in the mix and simply adds a slightly spicy kick to the overall zestiness of it. I dislike Tequila as a spirit but I don't smell any of it's acidity or smokiness in here. It's a real summery scent but works equally as well in the colder months. In fact, I've been rather overzealous with it in the mornings to help me cope during my long treks to work. 

This perfume is refreshing and juicy; a joyful fiesta of citrus fragrance that lingers on your clothes and skin throughout the entire day. I would even go as far as to say that the Ponche scent works better in perfume form as it's longer-lasting and more poignant.

This is by far one of my favourite scents/products that Lush have released so far, and I only hope that they bring out other Ponche-scented products to match my obsession. (Hint: a Ponche-scented body lotion wouldn't go amiss.) For those unfortunate enough to have missed this perfume or it's older brother, Ponche Shower Gel, I would recommend that you keep an eye on eBay as there have been a lot of unwanted bottles on there as of late. You won't be disappointed.

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Davana Oil, Buchu Oil, Petitgrain Oil, *Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, *Citral.

Vegan?: Yes

2013 Price: £28 for 30ml. 

Scent Family:
Icing On The Cake Shower Smoothie
Ponche Perfume
Ponche Shower Gel

4 comments

  1. They released some of these perfumes on the NZ online store recently, I was lucky enough to nab the LAST bottle of this. It actually smells very sweet on my skin, and after afew hours you almost can't even tell that its Ponche. Still smells incredible though.
    - Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? One of my all time favourites!

      Delete
  2. How much would you say a new bottle of this is worth? Just bought one on ebay for $100 and Im trying to figure out if I got an amazing deal or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that $100 Australian dollars? I suppose it depends how much you want the product! I've paid the equivalent of that for a couple of very very old shower gels (Butterball and 13 Rabbits) a few years ago because I didn't think I'd ever have the opportunity to try them again! Is that a 500g bottle? I didn't manage to get any from the last Kitchen release, but I've been told it wasn't as good as the original bottles, so if you managed to get a 500g bottle, you've probably found a great buy! :)

      Delete


UP