Recently

2 August 2013

Vanillary Liquid Perfume



Lush describe this perfume; 'The sweet and sensual real vanilla and jasmine absolutes are supported by the burnt caramel-like scent of tonka bean in this delicious perfume. Vanillary is a grown-up gourmand. Its character really warms and develops on the skin and you'll get many compliments wearing it.'

As I've said in previous reviews, I dislike the fake vanilla smells that most companies use to scent their products. There is nothing more beautiful than the natural fragrance of vanilla pods, and when a company douses this smell with synthetic chemicals, it's off-putting.     

Vanillary (like with all good perfumes) is a very strong and overpowering scent at first; one that takes a little while to 'settle' on the skin. However, once the initial scent has had a few minutes to work it's magic, the smell it gives off is wonderful. At first it releases a scent reminiscent of burnt marshmallow and hot caramel - a smell created by the inclusion of tonka bean in the ingredients list. As the fragrance acclimatises on your skin, a rich vanilla smell works its way through with an undertone of Jasmine to add spice and maturity.  
It's not surprising that Vanillary is one of Lush's biggest perfume sellers - it's a delicious naturally sweet smell that lasts for hours; I have hardly ever needed to reapply this scent, even when I am out for long periods of time.

This is a unique, floral and somewhat smokey vanilla. You can really smell the tonka and jasmine - both scents coming through at different stages whilst being worn. It's sweet but not uberly cloying sweet, which makes for a mature  feminine fragrance.

I find Vanillary incredibly sexy, supple and deliciously sensual. I just wish it would last even longer on my body, as I find myself spraying it obsessively on my skin and clothes. This is one of my all-time favourite Lush products, and definitely one of the best perfumes I've ever owned.  

Quantative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Vanilla Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Tonka Absolute, Vanilla Pod Powder, Hydroxycitronellal, *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, Colour 77492.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £28 for 30ml. 

Scent Family:
Heavanilli Massage Bar
Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion
Vanilla Fountain Ballistic
Vanilla Puff Dusting Powder
Vanillary Liquid Perfume
Vanillary Solid Perfume



9 comments

  1. Hello! So as you know I've stalk your blog for a while haha, and usually I bought my item based on your review, recently this is my next item that I wanna try, but sadly Lush UK can't mail it here :( Sad much. So I am wondering, have you try the solid perfume of this? Since they can mail me only the solid form :( . Better something than nothing! But still since even the solid one cost me bit mulah lol, I in need your opinion. Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't yet tried this in solid form but I do own one that I received alongside my Vanillary gift set. In the past, I have had solid perfumes from Lush and found that they are really good value for money. They're easy to carry around with you, you don't have to worry about them leaking and the scent does stay on your skin for a good many hours. Some of the solid perfumes, like the Superunknown one actually lasted longer than the spray, so it's definitely something you should go for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pheeew that's bit relieve! So glad to hear that it works wonderful in solid form, well the solid perfume type I mean. Gonna invest some mulah on it :). Thanks a lot Jen!

      Delete
  3. just went into the lush store and this was my first perfume from there! smells absolutely amazing. the lovely woman that was helping me was telling me that the scent develops throughout the day and she was right; i initially sprayed my wrist with it and it smelled so strongly of flowers. about an hour or two later, i began to smell the vanilla. by the end of the day the flower scent died down and the vanilla was very gentle and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST got my first bottle of this gorgeous perfume recently & I love how sweet it smells, like creme brûlée in my opinion! When I wear it, I always get told how nice I smell & it does last a good while on my skin :) I got the 10ml bottle but I think I'll try investing in the biggest one they have (I think it's 60 or 100ml). I can't get enough of it! I love having a vanilla based bath, putting on either Vanilla Dee Lire or Creme Anglaise to add a hint of honey & finishing off with this perfume and Vanilla Puff dusting powder (which is sadly being discontinued) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous but I have to be in the mood for it - I find it a little too cloying in the warmer months - it's one I'll turn to for comfort when it's too cold for my liking. Your combinations definitely sound amazing - I'd add Glorious Mud to that list of things to use as I love the Creme Anglais scent in this format :)

      Delete
  5. I've just got the solid version its amazing that I'm now ordering a 100ml bottle and will be wearing both for an ultimate vanilla smell! I've only recently started trying lush products and your blogs have really helped and are interesting to read I'm loving this most though I've never owned a perfume that lasts long I usually wear Marc Jacobs daisy or Prada candy but I think all the chemicals make its staying power bad I'm loving natural lately. Anyway I'm rambling now keep doing what your doing your blog is great, Wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback - I am so glad that my blog has helped you in some way. Vanillary is definitely a favourite of mine, although I always forget how much I love it until I spritz myself. And I agree about the chemicals in non-Lush perfumes - ick! I get so many comments about how amazing Lush perfumes smell - I'll never go back!

      Delete
  6. I love layering this perfume with Lush's Kerbside Violet. Smells amazing and scent lasts all day.

    ReplyDelete


UP